14 - Surprise, Surprise

Hey guys and gals!

So, after I left you with the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 13, I feel you're all going to hate me after you read this chapter. On the bright side, this one has A LOT more interesting things in it. And, it's informative. So, I hope you guys find it a balance lol. 

OOHHHHH! You find out what Ryan is! Isn't that exciting? Well, it was to me. :P So this chapter is for the person who guessed right--you know who you are...I hope lol.

Anyway, I have nothing else to say. Aside from: vote, comment, fan? You all know the drill, right?

Enjoy! (:

*

Chapter Fourteen:

It was as if the world had it out to get him. First he was given detention for mistakenly yelling at a teacher, and having forgotten to do any of his calculus homework the night before, Mr. Templin had given the entire class a pop-quiz.

     Yeah, Ryan was in a mood. And the last thing he needed was to have Bridget in his face. Talking his ears off about how he had made such a big mistake in breaking up with her.

     “Ryan, you can’t do this.”
     He tried to step aside, but she moved in front of him. Again.

     “Bridget, stop this. You’re being ridiculous.”
     Her pale skin got red. From anger, he was sure. Though, he honestly couldn’t care less.

     “This is about Samantha, isn’t it?” her voice was filled with anger. Her eyes were narrowed as she pointed a perfectly manicured finger at him. “That whore is always getting in my way.”

     At her words, Ryan saw red. “Sam is not a whore.”

     And for the first time since he had known her, Ryan saw Bridget’s eyes glaze over in fear. She squeaked and took a step back. “Don’t you ever call her that again.”
     “What is wrong with you, Ryan,” she finally asked, her voice low and unsure. “You were the most carefree person I knew and then she came back. Now you’re…the most guarded. What happened?”
     Ryan opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

     Bridget shook her head. “Whatever, Ry.” Then, she turned and walked away, leaving him standing by his car in the school lot. Yeah, he didn’t necessarily have an answer. At least one that made sense.

     “Interesting conversation.”

     At the sound of the voice he heard even when it wasn’t really being spoken, Ryan turned and looked at the person that had starred in every dream he had since he first met her. “Hey, Sammy.”

     School had ended, so it wasn’t a surprise to see her in the parking lot. “Hey, Ryan.”

     “Where are Casey and Chassie?”

     She shrugged. “They bailed on me apparently. All I got was a text from Casey saying he was sorry but he had to leave.”

     “Oh.” Yeah, idle chitchat with Sammy wasn’t a great idea. He didn’t know what to say to her. All the things he wanted to say to her, he couldn’t. Wasn’t life a bitch?

     “So,” she started slowly. She adjusted her bag, swinging it more securely over her shoulder. “I was wondering—”

     “If I could give you a ride?”

     A smile that could light up dark rooms appeared on her face. “Please?”

     He should have said no. Should have told her it wasn’t a good idea. Not just because of his feelings, but also because of Kale’s. After their talk, they had come to an understanding. They both loved Sam, but only one of them truly belonged with her. That’s why he was more than surprised when he found himself saying, “Sure.”