The Girl Who Wanted Nothing: The Beginning

Start from the beginning

Neither had he, though.

He walked out into the minuscule kitchen and sat down at the stained table. His aunt set down in front of him a bowl of piping hot tomato soup. Although he was not at all hungry, he picked up the spoon inside the bowl and began to eat the hot liquid.

His aunt sat down with a soft sigh and began to take small slurps of her soup. After a few moments she spoke up,

"I have received a job, Justin. So, on the weekdays, you will have to walk home from school and.." She paused for a moment and took in a breath, "Make sure that get your homework done and make yourself dinner. Do you understand, sweetheart?"

The 15 year boy nodded his head and gave her a curious look,

"Where did you get a job at?"

"I am going to be a maid over at the Hyatt. They were looking for someone who had experience with basic cleaning, and apparently I was qualified."

"Well, I am happy for you."

"I do suppose, we will have to close up your Uncle Mark's garage farely soon." She said, holding back her tears. The boy reached over and held his aunt's hand. She grasped it tightly.

"You know, when your folks passed away, your Uncle Mark was so worried that you would never be able to move on from it. He thought you would just feel so alone and afraid-"

"But I wasn't, because I had you and him looking out for me." She smiled a slight sad smiled and held his hand more tightly.

"I guess I'll just have to be like you. Move on from this and remember that I have you looking out for me." She said leaning over to him and hugging lightly.

"We'll be all right just as long as we have each other." He said, with which his aunt began to cry again. And, he did the only thing he knew to do, show that he was always going to be there for her.

____________________________________________________________________________

(4 Weeks Later)

"Sammi, sweetie."

Sam was deep in a somewhat pleasant dream when her brother came to wake her up.

"W-what.." She said shaking her head.

Her brother sat down next to her in his new business attire: a black suit with a white button-up shirt and black tie underneath. He held her shoulder and leaned down to kiss her on the forehead.

"It's the first day of school, silly." He said moving a piece of hair behind her ear.

She smiled tiredly at him and slowly pushed her body up.

"Do I have to go?" She said giving him puppy eyes.

"Samantha Grace, you know that you need to receive a good education. Now get yourself out of bed and get ready. You have about an hour to shower, dress, eat, and be out the door." He said standing from her bed. He gave her one last warning look before exiting her room and heading towards her sister's room.

She quickly got out of her bed and walked over to her bathroom. She turned on the sink and began to brush her teeth. Once she had rinsed with mint mouth wash, she walked over to her shower. Turning it on to the exact temperature that was pleasant to her, she slid in and began to wash her hair and body.

About fifteen minutes later, she stood in front of her mirror and was putting on her favorite grey and white eye shadow, light pink lip gloss, light powder that matched her skin tone, and mascara.

She walked over to her walk-in closet and pulled out her school uniform: a white button-up that was tucked into the blue, black, and white plaid skirt, a grey cardigan with the schools crest on it, black bobby socks, and black leather lace up shoes. She pulled her brunette straight hair up into a pony tail and grabbed a black head band to place in her hair. She did a once over of herself and then nodded in acceptance of her appearance.