Zero

Prologue|1752|3rd Person:

"Lucas(Luke)," Alexander whispered harshly to the freshly fed immortal.

The boy merely cocked his head to the side without turning to face the figure. He stared down at his handy work. Two small indents present in the mortal girls neck as her limp body laid in his arms. "I pity you." Alexander once again spoke.

The girl fell from the arms of the demon and crashed onto the cold tiled floor at his feet. Quickly Lucas spun and faced the upper immortal. "Pity me? May I ask why?" The young boy held a smug grin on his face as a few drops of metallic tasting red liquid fell from his jaw onto the white floors.

A look of disgust crossed Alexander's face, but the moment it came it also left. "You will never learn." The older vampire faced Lucas and studied his features. His brown hair was tossled about by the thrashing of the girl earlier. His once dark chocolate brown eyes were now a bright; glowing crimson as the dark veins appeared underneath. His use to be plain white shirt was now stained and sticking to his fit chest, small droplets of the liquid falling to the floor.

"Why learn when you can have fun?" The boy asked and took a few steps forward. He pat the older mans shoulder before walking off down the corridor. A loud thud told Alexander he'd entered his chambers and closed the door.

Beauregard(Beau) and Jameson(Jai) came rushing down the floors their rightful birth mother, Gina, following close behind. "What has he done?" Gina asked gaping at the body on the floor.

A sigh escaped Jameson's pale lips as he gave a quick glance to Alexander. "We aren't killing him." The immortal boy said while glaring at the elder.

The elder man turned to the three of them as Gina looked from the body to him. "What else is there to do? And Jameson, you use your gift to its extent."

The next to speak was the eldest of the brothers, Beauregard. "We are not killing him, there has to be another way!" His voice rose with each of his words as his once bright and vibrant green eyes flashed red.

Gina rested a hand on her son's shoulder. "Since the change he hasn't been the same Beauregard, we've all seen the change he's taken." Her eyes began to get watery just at the thought of having to destroy her own son; even if he was the monster he'd became.

A look of hatred flashed through Beauregard's eyes as he shook his mother's hand off his shoulder and swiftly left the room wondering the way they'd came in earlier. Jameson sighed and chased after his brother. Gina watched as they left before turning back to Alexander. "Please, let them find another way," she begged.

The vampire looked at the mortal women. "On one condition," he stated simply with a small smirk tugging at his lips as his pearl white fangs poked out.

Fear crossed through Gina's eyes as she knew what he was going to do. She was torn. Either die, become one of them, or let her son die for her own mortality. The decision was evident. She had to save Lucas.

A small nod was given to Alexander before the world around Gina seemed to slow. Her breathing became uneven with each second as the red blood left her system. A piercing cry of pain left her lips before she fell limp in the arms of the elder who had planned to destroy all of them since day one.

"Mother!" Jameson screamed, his and Beauregard's heads shot back the way they'd came from. Lucas jumped from the study in his quarters at the sound of his brothers shrieking and ran from the room.

Just as he was entering the room his mother's body fell simply onto the floor. Her face was pale as it crashed into the tile; a look of hope and sorrow in her eyes as she looked at her son. He was the last glimpse she had before her entire universe became black.

Lucas fell to his knees on the floor his eyes never leaving her empty ones. Jameson and Beauregard ran into the room as Alexander wiped his mouth of any excess blood. "Mother.." Beauregard whispered as he glanced at her body.

He rushed toward Alexander only to be thrown into the stone walls. His eyes became a bright red as a low growl escaped his mouth. "Beau, no!" Jameson screamed causing his brother to stop in his tracks. "He'll kill us all!"

At that each of the brothers shared a look. All of them nodding in agreement as Alexander smiled and plunged himself at Jameson only to be shoved into the tiled floors by Lucas. Quickly Jameson grabbed Alexander's long hair and bashed his head into the stone walls causing a small crack to rush up Alexander's cheek.

While a whimper of pain left Alexander's lips the brothers ran from the building. Each of them sharing the same thought; to run. Their mother was now dead, Alexander was a liar and a traitor, and now they'd all be wanted dead by him.

And Lucas couldn't help but blame himself for it all.