Chapter Three

I feel like such a liar. (T-T) I said I'd have it done by Friday. I apologize. Please enjoy, even if it's late.

I was awoke by a sharp poke on the shoulder. "Maman, just five more minutes." I said drowsily.

"I apologize, Adrien, but I am not your mother." I jolted awake and quickly sat up. A professional looking lady that I recognized as Nathalie. I rubbed at my eyes, trying not to speak. She took it in good graces and left, a stack of clothing in her wake. I got up and looked at the clothing. Last night, I had been too tired to pay attention while I got dressed because I had gotten lost on my way here and I was forced to call Adrien at around 11:00. He had sounded tired, but directed me anyway. I flushed at the thought of Adrien in my bed. Well, sort of. It's the thought that counts!

I began to lift up my shirt before pausing. I'm in Adrien's body which means... I walked over to the full body mirror and began to lift up the shirt a little bit more. A peek of his stomach sent me reeling, grabbing a pillow and pressing it to my face, but I steeled myself. I closed my eyes, I just have to treat this like a bandage, faster off, the less it hurts.

In one quick motion, I threw off the shirt and opened my eyes. I could see my face turn magenta and I quickly ran over to the bed and breathed into the pillows. I stayed there for a bit before catching a glimpse of Adrien's clock. At this rate I'll be late for school!

I frantically pulled on the rest of my clothing and grabbed Adrien's bag from the floor where I had put it and ran out his door. There was no food waiting for me and I groaned before shoving open the huge doors and running out.

A limo was waiting for me and I gingerly crawled in. I recalled Adrien's words from last night and spoke up.

"Uh, sir? Can we t-take a detour to the Dupain-Cheng B-bakery?" I stuttered out. The man nodded stiffly and began to drive. I leant back and clipped my buckle. For a couple minutes of awkward silence, we arrived in front of the bakery.

I could see myself, Adrien, leaning against the door frame. Even in another persons body, he still looked like a model. I opened the door and he crawled in.

"Hey Mar-Adrien!" He said with a slight stumble, forgetting the driver.

"Hey, Marinette." I said, the only thing keeping me from flushing was that I was talking to myself and well, this was Chat.

He settled his hands on his stomach and let out a mighty sigh.

"Wow. There sure was a lot of food this morning." I nodded, but I was interrupted by a loud stomach growl. I coughed and looked away. With a small smile, he reached into his-my- bag and pulled out a thick rope of twisted bread.

"I asked my mother if I could bring a snack to school." My eyes glinted and I descended upon the poor piece of bread. By the time I had finished, we had arrived at school.

"Ladies first." I said with a grin, Ladybug giving me a shove. He crinkled his nose and stepped out.

"Thank you, sir."

"Anything for the madam." Before I could even blink, Alya ran by and snatched Adrien's hand; dragging his flailing body away.

"See you in class!" He yelped. I sighed before grabbing both of our bags from the car. Before I could go anywhere, I was assaulted by a devil in yellow.

"Adrien! Why was that awful Marinette in your car!" I bit back an eyeroll and tried to placate Chloé without doing anything brash. Like I wanted to.

"She was going to be late, so I offered her a ride. That's all." Chloé didn't seem satisfied, but she choose snuggling my arm over picking a fight. Wise choice. I chose not to voice my thoughts.

Looking at the watch around my wrist, I could see I had about three minutes until class started. I slowly dragged forward, Chloé impeding my speed.

"Chloé, I have to get to class." I said. She brushed me off and I was forced to take action. I gently jolted my arm free and walked quickly into the classroom, sitting in my usual seat. I quickly stood up and looked around. Rose was the only one that saw me sit, so I went around the desk and descended into Adrien's seat.

I heard the door open and quiet chatter. When I turned, I saw Adrien and Alya walking. He waved but I drew a finger quickly across my neck. He got the message and awkwardly changed the path of his hand, coming up to fiddle with the hairs next to his ear.

I sighed and slid down in my seat. I hope I didn't forget anything in my mad dash-OH NO! Adrien's kwami Plagg! I stiffened and looked into Adrien's bag. After a little searching, my heartbeat slowed down upon spotting a small snoozing mass. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned to see Nino.

"Dude, what was with that panic attack just then?" I could feel the cold sweat on my forehead as I struggled for an answer.

"I-I uh, thought I for-forgot the, uh, money for my lunch! Yeah." I could see Nino was sceptical, but he sat down once the Madame announced the beginning of class. I spent the rest of class trying to not fall asleep. Guess some things don't change.

When lunch break began, Adrien and I snuck away from our friends and met each other in an empty hallway. "So, how was you're day, my princess?" Adrien asked me and even though I knew this was Chat, my body heated up anyway.

"It was u-uneventful." I said with a silent cough, raising my arm to cover my face. Looking back, it seemed the universe had some sort of agenda against us. Seconds after I spoke, a large crash erupted next to us, sending us both flying into the opposite wall. After forcing myself to my hands and knees, I gasped in pain and brought a hand to my aching side. Just a touch made me flinch. Now, I'm no doctor, but my ribs had to at least be bruised.

I looked over at Adrien, only for my horror to peak. He lay like a puppet that had just had its strings released, a thin piece of debris cutting though the side of his arm. I forced myself into a standing position, leaning heavily against the wall. A bruise covered his, well my, forehead. The deep cut in his arm had trickles of blood leaking out. I felt deep penetrating anger. Who ever had destroyed that wall, and I had my hunches, would need to be punished. He hurt not only the boy I liked, he had hurt my beloved partner. I put a finger to Adrien's Miraculous.

"Plagg. Turn me into Chat Noir." I saw a brief flash of black as the ring began to glow a luminescent green. I felt the magic cover my body with the Chat Noir suit. I grabbed the staff from my lower back and spun it in my hand. Whoever did this, was going to pay.

I hope you enjoy the suspense! This isn't as awkward as last chapter, but that's okay. This story will be plenty awkward, I mean; this transformation will last for at least a month. Get what I'm saying? Again, I apologize for being so late. Please vote, comment, follow me, and read my other stories!