Chapter 1

"ALEX!!" I hear my mom yell from outside my bedroom door, "TURN OFF THAT FREAKIN' ALARM I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!" I quickly sit up and pull the wire out from the wall quickly out of panic and bury my face in my hands and sigh. I don't want to piss her off more than she already is now. As you probably already notice me and my mom do not have the best relationship. She makes me do every on my own and I'm never one of her first priorities it seems like. Whenever she talks to me, it's always just her yelling at me and putting me down. I guess you could call it verbal abuse but she's all I have. There's no one I could turn to because the rest of my family that we never talk to lives across the country in Cali and I have no idea who my dad is. Not only do I not have my family, but I also don't have any friends that I could turn to. I'm always alone and being put down whether I'm home or at school.

Speaking of school, today is the first day of my junior year. I quickly jump up and run to my closet. I grab faded skinny jeans, a Paramore vneck t-shirt and my tan moccasins. I don't really care to dress up for the first day of school like everyone else usually does. I'm just keeping it simple. I brush my long dark brown hair and take out my curling iron just to give it some loose wavy curls. I sigh and look at the mirror speaking quietly to myself, "Here we go again. Another year in that hell called high school."

I quickly walk down the stairs and throw my bag over my shoulder and head out the door. I only live five minutes from the school by walking so it's not far at all. Once I reached the school parking lot I see the familiar black mustang parked near the front where it's always been all last school year. My heart drops and suddenly I feel nervous. That's Mitchie's car and after that long summer away from her I sort of forgot about her constant name calling and bullying towards me. I quickly walk towards the school with my head down and dart up the stairs to the front door of the school building. I look at my schedule to see my assigned locker and walk towards the hallway where it is. Once I reach the locker I quickly open it to put a few extra supplies I had in my bag into the locker. I close my locker and jump back to see the monster I've been trying to avoid so far.

"Oh what do ya know? Hey locker buddy," Mitchie says as she leans her back against her own locker looking at me. My eyes are wide open and I feel a lump forming in my throat. There is no way I could go through this whole school year with having her as my locker neighbor. No way. "You might wanna close your mouth before a fly flies in it dyke." She says to me while she chuckles to herself.

"I-I, L-look Mitchie, I'm not going to put up with your shit this year okay." I can't believe how pathetic I sounded. I actually stuttered trying to defend myself against her. I turn away from her to walk away feeling myself blush at how stupid I sounded. I feel her grab my arm really tight and slam me against my locker kind of hard. I winced a little in pain and looked down. The hallway was clear because the bell rang a minute ago and thanks to Mitchie, I'm already late. I look up and notice she is only a few inches from my face. I look into her deep brown eyes and quickly look away. I'm not gonna lie she is really beautiful but she is the biggest bitch to me and I hate her for that.

"Who do you think your talking to Alex? Because I hope for your sake that it wasn't me." I feel her minty breath hit my face because she's standing so close to me. She takes one of her hands off my shoulder and brushes back a strand of her long wavy brown hair. She quickly places it back on my shoulder. "You better watch your back this year Alex." All of a sudden, she places her forehead against mine and I feel my heart stop for a second. I look into her eyes that now look so sweet and loving and I feel so confused. I swallow hard and suddenly I hear a classroom door slam shut and Mitchie jumps back. She glares at me and then walks away. I stay against the lockers unable to move as I watch her walk away with her hips swaying along with her flowing floral skirt. Why am I feeling like this? Why did I like it when she was that close to me? But most of all I'm wondering, was she about to kiss me?

.....

Most of the day went by quickly. I went to each of my classes and I was lucky to not get detention on the first day for being late for first period. I also didn't have Mitchie or any of her mean group of friends in any of my classes so far. Once fifth period ended, I walked through the halls to my last class of the day which was science. I walked into the class and noticed that every seat was full.

"Alex, there is one seat left next to Mitchie, please take it." Mr. Cedeno intructs me.

I look at him at his desk and sigh. I thought I got lucky this year and wouldn't have to put up with her in any classes. I walk over to the teacher and was careful to speak quietly. "Mr. Cedeno I really can't sit next to her is there anyway you could change my seat? Please?" I look at him and I know he can see the pleading in my eyes.

"Alex, I've already assigned the seats now please go and take yours. Your holding up class time." He tells me while looking back down at his attendence sheet.

I sigh and turn to see the table at the back right corner. I see Mitchie smiling at me deviously as she pats the seat right next to her. I walk to the seat and I sit down quickly put my bag onto floor and pull out my notebook and pencil. Not only do I now have a class with Mitchie this year, but we are now science/lab partners in the class. Mr. Cedeno gets up from his chair and walks to the board with his chalk in hand.

"Today we will just be taking some notes on the topics we will learn about this year." He says as the class groans. "The notes will only be an overview of the main topics just so you know whats coming." He turns to the board and starts explaining everything he's writing down.

I listen to everything he's saying and write down every note trying my hardest not to miss anything. As I was writing I felt a hand go against my lower thigh. I stop writing and look at the hand and see that its Mitchie's. I feel her hand slowly make its way up my thigh. I look up at her and I just see her smiling at me deviously. I feel myself getting nervous and I look down quick. "Can you please get your hand off my leg?" I whisper to her.

Authors note: should I continue this story? Is it any good so far? I need some feedback to know if I should keep up with this story!! @DemiURAWarrior -twitter