Nine

Steven G Rogers
"Please don't leave."
I said still holding onto her arm with a firm grip. My eyes started to tear up. I don't want to loose her again. It wasn't fair. She shouldn't have listened to those people. Her emerald eyes stare back at me. She didn't know what to say. Then she spoke.
"Steve. I'm The Black Widow. I wasn't made to love. I was made to eliminate my targets. Love is for children."
She got closer.
"But Steve, you've only made me see a glimpse of love. I'm not sure how to react. The doors closed. I'm not here for love. I have no place in the world."
Now the tears are flooding down my face. Her hand presses my face and wipes the tears away as I held her hand.
"But Nat, you do have a place in the world. You were made to love. You weren't made to kill. No one was made to kill."
I paused.
"Nat, please come back to The Avengers Tower with me."
Her hand fell off my face.
"I can't."
"Listen."
She stopped.
"For six months now I've been searching for you. I only spent two days in Russia. I've spent most of my time here, in Antartica looking for you."
Her arms wrapped around me tight. Her face full of tears.
"Why did you run away?"
She looked up.
"Fury told me that I don't need you. I'm not made to love. I'm made to kill. That's it."
I took a deep breath and calmed down. We walked to the little cabin where I was held captive, and stayed there. We sat in front of an open fire, sucking in all the heat we could get. Natasha stayed by me. Her head digging into my arm as her emerald green eyes fell asleep. I kissed her head and said to myself.
"I love you Natalia Romanova."