Slip Up

Chapter Three

Suddenly everything just changes, the room went white. White walls and floors with nothin' inside the room. Except for one beat-up lookin' couch that looks vaguely familiar. Out of nowhere Ponyboy is just sittin' there. He has on what he'd been wearin' when he got up last night-a shirt with the sleeves cut-off and some old lookin' shorts.

"Andy." He beckons to me tells me to take a seat on the couch. Something about his voice seems different at that moment.

The word seductive came to mind. I shiver, no. I couldn't help, but sit though. Ponyboy smils at me and quickly, but gently, he pulls me to his lap and before I know what is happenin' he is kissin' me. It's gentle, but something about it is mesmerizing. Then out of the blue everything disappears, but unconsciously desperate to hold on to that my lips kept movin' until my eyes pop open in shock.

I can't believe this. Oh glory. What I had not been able to realize for those last few seconds of my very vivid dream, was that I had woken up. And had lightly,but not without leaving dampness, kissed Ponys chest. I guess we fell asleep together last night and so his arm is now around me and I'm layin' right on his chest, panicking. Is Pony awake? Surely not, he'd have been up already. I remember him sayin' something about the first one awake cooks breakfast here. I wait a few minutes, listenin' to him breathe. It 's deep and even. I don't know how he is still asleep, but I know I'm glad. When I woke up my body had jerked like it always does when you wake up like that. Slowly I push the blanket of and sit up.

I gasp as I am met with a chorus of giggling from Steve,Two-Bit and Soda.

"Well, that sure looked..interestin',didn't it Soda?" Steve grins at me as my face becomes a big old tomato.

"Kind a Steve. Although it makes ya' wonder. What were you dreamin'?" 

Two-bit chimed in,"It ain't hard to guess Sodapop. Hey, sweet cheeks. You should learn not to talk in your sleep." 

"I..wait. What'd I say?" I was going to try to make myself not look so bad, but if I talked in my sleep lord only knows what I said. Two-bit grins maliciously.

"Oh, Pony. Oh, Pony, oh, Pony." 

"Oh now, she wasn't that bad. She only said Ponyboy once." 

I rais my eyebrows. "Okay,I guess you got me. But it was just a dream alright you guys? And it is not up for discussion with him or anyone else." I jerk my thumb back gesturing at him as he was raisin' himself up rubbing his eyes.

"What?" The boys snicker.

"Nothin'." I snap quickly, getting up to leave, but Steve pipes up.

"This one's a sleep talker Pony, talks about some real interesting things too." 

I turned around,stoppin' dead in my tracks and Pony just smiles at me and I felt something twinge inside me.

"Oh yeah,whats she talk about?" He was so innocently curious.

The four boys look at me and Two-Bit opens his mouth, "Oh you'd be surprised Pony. She talks about y-" 

I jump on top of him and put my hand over his mouth. Childish, I know. And I barely know him, but it seems that I'm now a part of their gang and they were all real playful. Steve busts out laughin' and gets up to go raid the Curtis' kitchen while Soda smiles at me. Ponyboy was just lookin' confused. 

"Awh,come on Andy. You know you wanna tell." I let go of Two-Bit and he made a zipping gesture and I got off him."

"Soda, don't you dare. If you do I'll walk out that door."