Car Troubles

Y/n's POV

|

|

|

There he is.

Daniel 'Fine As Wine' Simmons, the locally known auto mechanic in old Red Bank, New Jersey. He was so smooth that even your car would go weak in the wheels at the slightest glance.

On each occasional visit I made to the repair shop, Daniel would always have his nose up some old engine, trying to spruce it up, saying something about saving up for a car of his own. "I'm gonna get that car... I gotta just keep workin', that's all. Hard work ain't never hurt nobody. I'm gonna get her."

His perseverance and unrelenting determination only added on to the myriad of arousing traits he possessed, and I, being a mindless horn dog accidentally got caught in his impenetrable web of pulchritude.

I remember the first day I ever went to Mr. McKinley's Auto Repair shop. It was a rainy evening and I had just gotten off of work. My mother had just called to tell me her and my stepmother Janine had an incredible five year anniversary. I told her I was happy for them, and right after I turned off of the freeway, Ol' Scotty Wolf sputtered and coughed until he completely shut down in the middle of an intersection.

The humiliation I felt as others laughed and stared was worse than an elephant stepping on your foot. Of course a little while later, a nice pedestrian ran in the rode and helped me push the heap of junk out of the flow of traffic. He even gave me a number to have my car towed and repaired by the same place.

Service had arrived earlier than expected, and respect was given all throughout the ride to the shop. I couldn't have asked for a better place to get my car fixed.

Then came the bronzed Adonis with his sweaty pectoral muscles and baggy jeans that rode a bit past his prominent V-Line. He radiated the room, even with all the oil and dirt he'd accumulated on his body from the work of the day.

"Mickie said you got a Fix Or Repair Daily that stopped rollin'," he interrogated. His voice was slick as butter but hard and low like how you always envisioned a mechanic's voice should be.

"Umm, Fix Or Repair Daily?"

"F.O.R.D Miss. The 2009 Ford Focus."

I blushed so terribly, my whole face got caked in red. "Oh, yes that's me. Did you find out what happened?"

"Well, the temperature in the engine was too high to let the belt function properly, which caused it to bust. It tends to happen plenty of times for many reasons, but in your case, there was poor heat conductivity inside the engine due to accumulated deposits in the water jackets. Easy fix, and for a pretty young thang such as yourself, I can have this baby running by the morning after next. Just need a cool two fifty."

I had barely registered a word of that sexy mechanical talk, being preoccupied in watching the perspiration from his chest roll down and sink into the visible line of his boxers.

"Yeah, sounds good. Two hundred fifty, I can do that. Thank you for all of your help Mr..."

"Simmons. Daniel Simmons. And you are more than welcome, Ms..."

"Y/n," I smiled, taking his stretched hand in mine.

I thought he would give me the usual business shake like a client and employee normally did, but those rugged fingers brought my hand up to his soft plump lips to give me a harmless kiss on the hand.

"Pleasures all mine, Y/n," Daniel smirked, caressing my knuckles before releasing my hand.

After that moment, I came up with all sorts of excuses to have my car checked up. "It feels like the thermostat is broken. What is this supposed to do again, I forgot when you told me the last time. Oh, so that's how you put more water in the car."