No Toys Allowed

Daniel's POV

|
|
|

"I'm gonna have to call you back babygirl. My meeting is about to start." I spoke sadly.

She's been trying to get my attention for the longest, and all I do is push her away. That's just one of the many sacrifices that you have to make when being a CEO of one of the top ten franchises world wide. She doesn't get it sometimes.

I heard her sigh on the other line, with no words to go along with. Great! Another unnecessary silent treatment. It's what I've always wanted on a Friday night.

"I'll be home for dinner, baby. This won't take long. I promise." I said, motioning for the men walking into my office to have a seat in the two leather chairs in front of my desk. At first I only had one, but then Y/n came in for a surprise visit one day and saw that someone else was already sitting in it. So I took it upon myself and told her to sit on my lap.

Then came the argument at home. She said that she thought it was "slut like" for her to just interrupt what I had going on at the time and carelessly comply by sitting on me. I wasn't complaining. My queen got to sit on her king's throne. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

"You said that before. You ended up coming home four hours late. Stop making promises you know you won't be able to keep Daniel. You and I both know that I'll end up putting your plate in the microwave, with me passed out on the sofa just waiting for you to get here. God dammit Daniel, this job is taking you away from me!"

I couldn't retaliate. Either way I'll be wrong. "I love you."

"Love you. Have fun at work." She groused, hanging up.

The joys of having an angry, sexually frustrated wife. I rubbed the lids of my eyes, turning my attention to the owners of L and G Productions. They ranked number three in the franchising business and to be part of their corporation meant more recognition.

"Hello gentleman. Always a pleasure." I smiled reaching out to shake their hands.

"Trouble with the wife?" Lawrence asked, raising his grey furry eyebrow at me. I shook my head yes with a little smile, letting out a breath that had been held in ever since Y/n hung up the phone. Lawrence Edridge was a humble white man. Made his living from the ground up just like any sensible businessman has. 300 electronic stores alone in the U.S. Another 500 around the world. An inspiration to any man that wants to get into the business industry.

Gene Edridge, his younger brother, followed suit in his older siblings steps and helped him build up the company they have now. Sure he's had some trouble with cocaine addictions and lawsuits claiming that he stole some of their ideas, which he did, but that isn't the point. He's the real definition of the word determination. That man has never given up even when the Lord himself tried to stop him.

"Work always gets in the way with our women. We just have to learn how to manage both. You wanna know my solution?" He asked, slipping out a hand rolled cigar from an inside pocket hidden in his suit.

I gave him a nod while handing him a lighter that I had stashed in the contents of my drawers. I don't smoke; Y/n would never allow that. It's just that most of the men I work with like to put that lung killing product in between their lips before they speak business. It makes me seem like a mutual, a comrade to them. Another skillful tactic I picked up over the years.

"Women find it attractive when their men drop anything and everything for them. Go home to them just as a reminder to show who has the dick in their pants at the end of the night."

This old man is crazy. Insightful, yes, but crazy. What do I look like taking sex advice from a man in his mid seventies? I'd rather hear this from Gene, but even sixty-five is pushing it. "Uh, thanks for the words of wisdom Mr. Edridge. I'll be sure to keep that in mind, now about this collaboration..."