.3.

After that day we didn't see her for weeks on end. My friends had gone back to normal as if nothing happened. They even stopped coming to the café.

But I didn't.

Every day after football practice I went to the café and waited. Waited for the mysterious girl to come back. Months came and went and still I would not give up.

My grades dropped and my teammates complained, saying I wasn't concentrating enough but I didn't care. All I could think about was her and why she hadn't appeared for such a long time.

When I tried talking to my teammates about her all they gave me were strange looks and asked : "Which girl? What are you talking about?".

I never asked again but it nagged me as to how they could forget such a beautiful face.

***
On a particularly sunny day I was seated outside of the café and along came the boy out of my class, who had saved her.

I wanted to get up and interrogate him about her whereabouts and wellbeing but in a blink of an eye he had disappeared into thin air. Baffled I looked around to see if anyone else had seen that phenomenon but no one acted strangely as if they had seen something paranormal.

***
My life at home was in shambles. I would wake up have breakfast, go to school, then to the café and stay there. Then I would leave the café late at night and go home to repeat the cycle.

Not that my family cared about me, they probably wouldn't notice if I killed myself, I was nothing to them.

All my life I had strived for affection from my family, to gain their respect.

When I got my acceptance letter to the best college around? Nothing more but a nod of the head and the request to bring them another beer.

When I was made team captain? They didn't even come to the game nor congratulate me.

When I was the second best student of the year? My father hit me for not being the first.

No, life at home wasn't enjoyable, which was why I found such comfort in watching her, feeling as if we were somehow connected and in the same situation.

But now she had disappeared and I didn't know why, it killed me inside to not know what had happened.