.1.

Once upon a time my friends and I decided to go to a little café in the outer parts of our town after football practice.

As we sat there laughing about something, we noticed a girl slowly coming up the road towards us.

She hadn't noticed us yet, for she was analysing the black rose in her hands, watching it like it was about to tell her its deepest secret.

While she wasn't looking at us, we studied her. She was pale, had long red hair and wore a peculiar white dress. It seemed like she came out of another century from a land far far away from here.

Instead of entering the café, she took a sharp turn into a graveyard we hadn't noticed before.

Unerringly she walked to one grave in particular. It was adorned with hundreds of roses, some wilted, some fresh, others a speck of dust in the scenery.

She kneeled in front of the grave and slowly set the rose down and stared at the grave with an unwavering gaze.

For about an hour all we did was stare at her, entranced. Nobody touched their food nor said a thing. We were all to busy with examining the strange soul perched in front of the gravestone.

As sudden as she arrived she left, hurrying to some unbeknownst location.

This was the first time we had seen this strange girl in white.