"Because I'm special?"

Lady Amanda nodded.

Christos looked at the Wolf who gave birth to him, feral and monstrous. But beautiful, with soft and small features. The resemblance between the two was small but evident.

"I want to go now," Christos said.

Lady Amanda nodded, escorting the boy away.

Two days later, Christos was informed that his Omega father committed suicide a few hours after his visit.

Chapter Four

Things were bad.

They were really really bad.

The level of tension in the house is stifling. Ever since Asher heard the news, he's been aggressive. Towards Christos, towards Kai, towards...me. Not physically! Just...there's no gentleness in his tone anymore. He's angry all of the time, he doesn't come home until really late, but he does slide behind me and wrap me in his arms so tightly, as if he'll never let go.

Christos...

I don't know what to think of him. I try to avoid him when I can, but it's impossible because now more than ever, he's everywhere. Seeing him brings back all of the memories I tried so hard to forget.

He's a monster.

So why did I have to keep reminding myself of that?

Why did I just want to hold him in my arms every time I saw that wounded, lonely look on his handsome features? That hopeless and heartbroken expression whenever he saw Asher and I together?

What is wrong with me?

It's the hormones. It has to be.

"Asaiya, you need to eat."

Asher's gruff voice brought me out of my thoughts. I looked over at m mate-to-be with a frown. "I'm not hungry."

"You didn't eat dinner yesterday or breakfast this morning. You need to think of the pups. You're eating for six now."

I groaned but forced myself to swallow a spoonful of the oatmeal that was placed in front of me. It tasted bitter, but everything did nowadays. I just wasn't hungry. The thought of eating actually made me sick.

"Should I take you to Sherry?"

"I'm fine," I muttered. Being around him in his moods was not helping my own. I just wanted him to go his meeting already.

"Finish that bowl. I'll see you in a few hours," he kissed my forehead before leaving out the front door. I glared at the offending slop in the bowl only raising my head when I heard the front door open again.

Christos slipped inside, quiet as night, with grimy boots that he took off before he walked through the house. Even his faded blue jeans and white t-shirt were covered in dirt. As if he just rolled around outside for an hour.

"Why are you so dirty?"

Christos froze at the door, a little shocked that I was voluntarily talking to him. I think he was hoping to slip by unnoticed as he usually does. But I was curious.

"I was...gardening," came his soft and uncertain reply.

I raised a brow suspiciously. "Gardening?"