Chapter 12

300 views! Thanks guys! X

"THEY KNOW WHERE MY PARENTS LIVE!??"
I sighed, pushing her softly back down in the sanctuary bed. "You need to stay down-"
She shoved my hands away, and sat up, a triumphant smirk on her face. I tilted my head.
It was on.
Staring at her, she frowned, expecting an immediate reaction.
So I didn't disappoint.
Pouncing on her, she squealed, but fell backwards. I laughed,as she glared daggers at me. Luckily I weighed next to nothing so it didn't affect her. She stared at me, assessing my Skull, before she seemed to be bursting at the seams from tears once again. Sobs racked her body, as I climbed off her, pulling her gently into my arms. I held her close, as her tears soaked my suit. "Shh... It'll be okay, dear." I cooed, rocking her gently.

A soft knock on the door, and we pulled apart, Valkyrie still sniffling.
"Uh... Hey...Hey guys." Erskine murmured, walking in.
His face looked like the face of a guilty man. "What have you done?" I muttered, standing up. He looked at Valkyrie, looked at the ceiling and sighed. "Promise you won't kill me?" He mumbled, looking now into my eyes sockets. "I promise I won't kill you painfully. Now spill." I hissed, knowing this was bad.

"I was in rage control. The group that's been stalking Valkyrie.!" He blurted out, his eyes filling with tears.

*Val POV*
Skulduggery lunged forward, knocking over a medical table, as nurses heard the commotion and saw the two men fighting.
Skulduggery had Ravel in a chokehold by the time Ghastly ran in and pulled him off of Ravel.
The nurses watched on in shock.
"What the hell are you doing!? Assaulting the Grand Mage, Really Skulduggery?!" He yelled, holding skulduggery back.
"He's been behind this! He's been in that group who's stalking Valkyrie!" He hissed, and Ghastly whipped his head to Ravel, who the nurses were helping up.
Ghastly stared at Ravel, before closing his eyes. "I want every one out if this room. Now." He thundered, as the nurses immediately scattered. "You son of a bitch!" Ghastly snarled, letting go of skulduggery and stalking towards Ravel. He put his hands up in defence, as ghastly pulled his fist back-
"Enough." I stated, unplugging the Iv drip and other cords. Turning to the side, I slid of the bed, but cried out when my leg touched the ground. The men turned to to look at me, and Ghastly's eyes softened. "Val, get back in bed, it's fine." Skulduggery sighed, looking to Ghastly as he let go of Ravel and pulled his fist away. "No." I replied stubbornly, limping over to Ravel.
My leg was starting to seize up, and tears welled in my eyes, but I kept walking. When I finally reached Ravel, he looked at me guiltily. "Why?" I asked softly. "Why would you do that to me? Do you have any idea what I went through?" I asked, as he sighed, rubbing his forehead.
"I.... I was convinced you were Darquesse." He stated, pausing. I saw Skulduggery tense out of the corner of my eye, and willed him to stay quiet. "China sorrows approached me with the idea, and we built our little group from there. We both knew where you lived, and I knew Skulduggery's ... Secret." He turned to look at skulduggery. "You have no Ri-" "Your lord vile! I cant believe you didn't tell us!" Ravel hissed, and immediately everyone turned to Ghastly, like we forgot he was there.
Oh shit.