Chapter 8

*Val POV*
Staring at the door handle, I hesitantly reached forward, before pulling my hand back. It felt like ages, since I'd actually left the house, and I knew I looked like crap.
I wonder if I was alone?
The thought sent shivers up my spine, the hairs on my arms standing on end.
What if I was being watched?
My skin crawled,thinking of the consequences of this.
The questions kept flowing, and each one made my hand retract further.
I couldn't do this.
As If reading my mind, my phone rang. 'Anton' flashed up on the screen, and I sighed, picking it up once again. "Hey Va... Stephanie, just checking you remembered our little meeting?" He asked,genuine worry in his voice. I frowned, realising I had to do this and sighed. "Yes, I'm just leaving now. I'll be there soon." I whispered, only realising my mistake when Anton piped in : "Why are you whispering? Is someone the-" I hung up, growling and ripped open the door.
I was doing this, and I was doing this my way.

Suddenly my confidence dwelled, as soon as I spotted Bespoke Tailors, hidden in this well packed street.
It suddenly looked daunting.
Stepping forward, I reminded myself who I was.
I was Valkyrie Cain! I could do this!
Another step and I could see into the shop, see the dead men talking in hushed voices.
A few more steps and i was opening the door, before hands grabbed me a-

I was in an elevator, a man in a dashing suit to my left and the doors closing.
What the fuck?

*Short one all da way!!! 😁😹😹😹 x*