Nathan

"When you gonna tell her?" Kayden asked turning to me. I shrugged and closed my locker door then locked it. It's been a long day at work and I was exhausted.

"Don't even think she'll care." I replied with a shrug. He raised an eyebrow as he retrieved his hoodie from the locker. 

"Why wouldn't she care?" He said.

"She's Stacey, she don't care about anything, 'cept make-up." He laughed.

"She'd understand, this is su'in you can't control." I nodded in agreement, he was right.

"Watch her fucking shout at me." I muttered. He shrugged.

"I have to go through that wid Ree every day, you can handle Stacey." I chuckled. He was right, Rebecca was hard to manage. If Kayden can handle Becc's then I should be able to take Stace. 

"Where is she anyway?" I asked. Once again she weren't in.

"Day off." I nodded and wore my hat. I saw my cousin Natasha walk past the staff-room door. She pissed me off highly. It's been ages since I've seen her and she decides to start working here like she fucking belongs. We've been thru bare problems wid her, all involving money and drugs, and she'd always come to me for help. Grown-assed woman and she was always seeking my money. Fucking bitch. The sound of Kayden's locker door slamming disrupted my angry thoughts. I turned to him and saw he was getting ready to leave.

"Your birthday tomorrow init?" I asked. He nodded slowly, "what you doing?"

"Nothing, just gonna jam at yard." I arched a brow.

"For an 18th?" He laughed and shrugged.

"Yeah man, fuck it, I always do something every year. Can't be arsed." I nodded.

"So you're not coming in tomorrow?"

"Nah." We left the staffroom and passed Mr Herman on the way. Fucking hell he looked at least 6 months pregnant. Nah I'm being kind. 8 months.

He turned to Kayden.

"Gonna lock up?" He asked. Kay nodded and he threw him the keys. We eventually left and he got out the keys.

"Lock him in." I said with an evil smile. Kayden smirked in the way he always did, when he's contemplating something evil or perverted.

"Your mind's fucked, I ain't getting fired for no man!" He said. I laughed.

"After these times he deducted my pay. Fat bastard," I kissed my teeth, "lock him in." He chuckled and shook his head. Sometimes Kayden was too kind for his own good. But then again if he was to ever end up in pen, I wouldn't be surprised. We waited for the fat cunt to leave and Kayden used the keys to lock up. I sighed. 

"I'm gonna call her." I said referring to Stacey. He nodded and spudded me.

"Cool." We went our separate ways and I exhaled heavily. Since the night I spent at Stacey's I've realised something: we were more than friends. It's taken me this long to realise but I felt something there. She was the only girl I was interested in at the moment, and has been for a while. Fuck, I know the difference between love and lust, and I'm sure this time it wasn't lust. I needed to call her so we could talk about this, knowing her she wouldn't feel the same way. I knew the moment I fingered her it would change everything. I just couldn't help myself at the time though, she has this certain effect on me that I find difficult to control.

I retrieved my phone from my pocket and called her straight away. She answered after a couple rings.

Stace: "Hey Nathe."

Me: "You alright?"

Stace: "Could be better. What's up?" I sighed deeply.

Me: "I need to see you." She hesitated for a brief moment; all that was heard was her light breathing on the other end.

Stace: "I'm kinda busy at the moment."

Me: "Stace it's important." 

Stace: "Sorry, I'm really busy. Can you call me back later?" I rolled my eyes.

Me: "Aight, later."

Stace: "Bye."

She hung up and I kissed my teeth before putting my phone away. She wasn't serious, she had no idea what I needed to discuss with her. She was actually oblivious. I needed her to know how I felt. But on the other hand I knew she was involved with someone else. I remembered her mentioning it a couple times, and how caught up she was with him. Truthfully I don't think he knew how lucky he was to be recognised by someone like Stacey. She was your typical teenager, but there was something different about her, that made her unique in her own way. I breathed heavily and tried to clear my thoughts. It wasn't like me to be stressed, I was usually carefree, I was even expected to be fired by now by that fat cunt Mr Herman. The amount of hoodies I've managed to sneak out is ridiculous. But that was a few months back, I don't do it anymore, the thrill has gone. Even so, he should realise by the number of stock in the stock-room. He was completely clueless. I laughed to myself as I crossed the road, but my chuckle was cut short when I collided into someone, causing them to drop their New look bag.

"Ahh sorry," I said. I bent down to pick it up and came face to face with a light-skinned beauty. Her skin was soft and radiant, and her body was working wonders. I handed her the bag and she chewed on her bubble gum in a casual manner as she tucked some curly strands of hair behind her ear.

"You realise you wasn't looking where you was going?" She gave me a look. I laughed and smiled.

"Got a habit of watching my feet as I walk." She nodded.

"Okay." I noticed her bracelet had also dropped on the floor. I retrieved it and gave it back to her.

"Riana," I said as I read the bracelet. She stuffed it in her pocket and laughed.

"Now you know my name without having to ask." She said. I smirked - I liked this girl.

"I wanna know more than just your name." I analysed her and she smiled.

"Sweet of you, but I'm kinda in a rush," before I could protest she walked past me, "see you around." And with that she walked off down the road. I watched her back as she hurried to the bus stop. I couldn't help but admire her assets. I nodded slowly.

"Riana." I said to myself. I weren't gonna forget that name. I turned back and carried on walking home with a smug grin on my face.