Chapter 32

Chris

Thomas and I sat in my living room watching an old action movie. We decided to just hang out for the day, take the day off from school, and just relax; it's something we haven't done for awhile. The first couple of minutes I was focused and followed the storyline of the movie, but then I started missing Miya... And everything around just wasn't clicking in my mind after she entered it.

The movie continued on and Thomas made sound effects along with the gun shots and fist throws. While I texted Miya every other second. She replied slowly, because she's "in class and they're learning something important"

I let my phone drop on the sofa as I slouched down. I finally tried to focus and enjoy the movie.

"Man... They always gotta' make the brother die first." Thomas said. "It's 2015. Ain't that crazy?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him as if he was the dumbest person in the world. "What?" I scoffed. "What does 2015 have to do with anything?"

He kissed his teeth. "You know what I mean fool."

"I don't." I laughed. "You dumb as hell-" I was interrupted by my phone vibrating. I picked it up right away and glanced at the text:

Miya: I'm walking to class all by myself :(

I cracked a smile, thinking, around this time I would be swinging hands with her. I would be walking her to class then kissing her cheek a million times and she would tell me to stop and I would just ignore her order. Then I would go to class late and she would text me, asking me if everything was okay...

All of a sudden I felt a pillow pass by my face, two inches away from hitting me, interrupting my thoughts. I shot Thomas a glare, waiting for his explanation.

"I was talking and you didn't respond." He said.

"You could've called my name or clapped your hands." I sneered.

He shifted his eyes left to right. "Anyway..." He dragged out. "After this movie you tryna' order some pizza?"

"Nope." I said popping the p.

"Well I'm tryna' order pizza." Thomas murmured. I watched him grab his phone and unlock it. I too, grab my phone and stared at me and Miya's conversation.

Chris: I miss you baby.

...

Miya: I miss you way more.

Chris: nah... Not possible

Miya: yes...

Chris: there is no way you miss me more than I miss you.

I was getting ready to text again, but I felt Thomas breathing down my neck. Quickly, I shifted my phone away and mugged him.

"Y'all cheesy." He snickered. "I miss you baby." He mocked me in a singing tone.

"Shut up- cool it!" I shouted as he snatched my phone away from me. There was way to much personal business for him to be snooping around. I jumped off the couch and attempted to take my phone back, but he decided to be childish.

He walked around the couch and I followed trying to grab him.

"I miss you way more..." He snickered. "There is no way you miss me more than I miss you... Aww goals!"

"I'm going to kill you bro. Give me my phone!" I sped up my pace. I reached out for him but he snatched away.

Thomas ran into the hall and of course I followed. I ran fast and grabbed him by his shirt. I gripped onto it tightly and grabbed his wrist, trying to twist it.