Chapter Twenty-Eight . . . Staying Strong

Tyler's POV

My kitchen was full of the SWAT team members. Apparently they found a lead and have an idea of where Kristine might be, and after a bunch of bitching and moaning I was brought in with them. You have to do what you have to do I guess.

"Okay, so, the Josh and Bella Cassidy were born here and when there mother died she left the house to them. I'm guessing that's where they'll be. The plan is to go in reach him by telephone and give him a chance to give themselves up, if that doesn't work then we go in. Any questions?" I crossed my arms and listened to the ridiculous plan made by the captain of the SWAT team clearly he wasn't here the last time this situation happened because the boys on SWAT remembered how big of a pain in the ass I was last time, wait until they see what I have brewing up now.

"Excuse me sir, where am I in this plan?' I asked and he looked at me like a grew a second head.

"What do you mean?" He asked all professional.

"Well, I'm here for a reason. I want involved."

"No way." He said and was interrupted by another member of the team.

"Sir , with all do respect, Mr. Brolin was with us in our last mission and he was very cooperative." The captain looked from his member to me with a strong and solid face.

"What would you like to do Mr.Brolin?"

"I want to be the one to go in and get Kristine."

"No, absolutely not. You can stay back and come with us but that's it."

"No deal. I either go in with your men behind me or by myself. Your choice." I said sternly. Showing that I meant business. 

After only a few short minutes which felt like hours the captain sighed. "Fine Brolin, but you follow my commands you hear me. One wrong move and you will be in one of the cars handcuffed, you understand." I nodded.

"Yes sir."

"Get him a vest." He ordered and quickly I was being dragged to men and being prepared for a battle I hope to win just like before.

Within an hour I was prepared mentally and physically for what I was about to do. Hell they even gave me a gun. Just in case, they said

When I was left alone for a minute my mother who was carrying Sierra and Jessica who was carrying Austen walked in.

"Daddy, where are you going?" Sierra asked and Austen giggled like the happy little baby he is

"I'm going to get mommy, honey."

"Daddy, I'm scared." I took her out of my mother's arms and held her close.

"Why honey?"

"What if you don't come back?" She whispered as she buried her head into my chest. I looked at my mother who had tears in her eyes and my sister who was looking way from us.

"Sierra, honey," I set her down to her feet and got down to eye level. "I swear to you and promise you that I will come back, and everything will be okay."

"Mommy, too?" I let out a little laugh. "Mommy too. Now you be a good girl for Grammy and Aunt Jessica."

"Daddy, when you find mommy, tell her I'm sorry for being mean." She said sadly. For a little child she was smart it was like she knew what was going on without being told anything about it.

"Honey, she knows and you can tell her when she comes back." I gave her a final kiss on the head before turning to Austen who is just drooling like crazy.