seven

Luke was still asleep when Anna woke up.

She awoke with a peaceful and serene attitude, as does anyone after a good night's sleep. For once she felt relaxed, powerful, and as if she could take on the world. Nothing could hurt her in-between this state of sleep and awakeness.

That is, until she realized that she was naked and in a boy's arms--a boy who was also naked.

Anna scrambled to her feet, confused. She wasn't fully awake yet, but she could sense that something was off.

She wasn't in her room at home. She wasn't in a hotel room, traveling for work. She was...

In a movie theater?

The theatre she was in was mostly dark, but illuminated by tiny windowpanes on the ceiling. They gave her all the light she needed to realize that there had been a blanket around both her and the boy, but that was it.

Did she really...?

In the dark, Anna scoured the floor for her dress desperately.

How could she be so stupid? She never did stuff like this. Eva always did stuff like this.

Thankfully, she found the tangled-up dress and grabbed it, quickly putting it on.

As she got dressed, memories of the previous night began coming back.

She remembered Eva, dancing with that mysterious curly haired boy. She remembered Taylor, interrogating her about her love life. She remembered Drew, pestering her to kiss him to fulfill their management company's wishes. She remembered Nathan, devising a plan to get revenge on their parents.

Then she remembered Luke.

Luke. Luke Hemmings. Hemmings. Band boy. Penguin boy.

She remembered spotting him at the bar with his brunette, muscular friend. She remembered meeting him on the dance floor after she'd had a couple drinks. She remembered kissing him at midnight. She remembered fleeing the party with him to come to this antique little theatre. She remembered him picking Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as the movie for the night. She remembered herself talking to him about how overjoyed she was about his choice of movie.

And then...

"Fuck... What did I do?" Anna accidentally said out loud.

She glanced over at Luke, but luckily he hadn't woken up yet.

Luke. What was she going to about him?

It didn't help that he looked absolutely gorgeous when he slept:  all angelic-like with his wispy blonde hair in multiple directions and peaceful demeanor.

His hair was still messed up from the previous night, reminding Anna of more memories of last night.

Now she fully remembered.

Did she really...?

And what was she going to do about it?

Luke stirred next to her, fully waking up. He opened his hazy blue eyes, squinted for a second, but quickly focused on her.