"Rain, how are you?" my mother said squeezing me into a tight hug. It felt so comforting being in her arms.

"I'm good mum, how are you, where's Cole and Chris?" It was just easier calling them by their first names sometimes.

"They're busy doing business while they're here. Come on, you over slept, lets get something to eat." She said as we walked into the kitchen. The staff had already prepared the breakfast, the scent making my stomach growl.

"I'm starved... I didn't find him last night mum." I said answering the question I knew was coming. I could see sadness on her face, but she swiftly covered it with a genuine smile.

"Don't worry princess, he will come. And when you find each other, all of this time before spent wondering wouldn't matter. You were made for each other, therefore you will find your way together." She said lovingly. I nodded in appreciation, and we spoke.

"Your fathers told me something very interesting today." She said. I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing what she was talking about. There is little you can keep from your mates, and your only daughter being an assassin is not one of them.

"Mum, you've always known what I want to be."

"I know you wanted to fight, but I thought that was only something you enjoy, not want to do." She said with a fire in her eyes that scared me.

"Mum, I know you think I'm a princess, and that's all, but I have to do something other than being the perfect mate. I want to protect people, I want to protect us."

"It is not your job to protect us." She said lowering her fork.

"Mum, this is where I fit in. Being an alpha and beta is the guys jobs, I have the ability to do something different. I know you fear for me, but I got training from the best fighters I know, Chris and Cole." I said looking her in the eyes. "They know what they're doing, they know what I want and they trust me." I said reaching for her hands.

She said nothing more, and continued eating knowing that what I said was true. Cole came into the kitchen sensing the unusual silence between us. He placed a kiss on my mother's head, making her blush. I looked away and let them have a private moment. They were so full of love for each other it made my heart warm. He came over to me messing up my hair like I was 5 again. I swatted his hand away, pretending to hate it.

"Morning princess." He said with a smile.

"Morning dad." I said. "Have you aged from the last time I saw you?" I joked, knowing that aging slowed down once we reach age 25.

"Ha-ha." He said sarcastically, making me smile up at him.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes. I think I'm ready." I said nodding. Chris walked into the kitchen, his face brightening when he saw mum. He gave her a kiss on her forehead and smiled at me.

"Good morning princess."

Not long later, I let it spill that Nate and Jacob had found their mate. Soon my mum was trying to get them through their link telling them she wanted to meet her immediately. I smiled knowing I was probably going to be in trouble with them. They brought her over, and Xavier entered a while after.

He was smiling but his smile didn't reach his eyes. It was strange to be together, like a normal family , and have a stranger in our midst. Normally when we are together as a family, it's just us. She was still shy and quiet, so it was almost like she wasn't there. I sat there thinking about how her life is going to change.

After a while, Dad suddenly said "there are vampires in the area."

All of us looked shocked, except mum who already knew.