ten

"it's okay, hyun mi. he's an asshole, he's a joker. maybe he's not just your mr right," i comforted her as i stroke her back repeatedly. i could feel my shirt getting wetter, but i did not mind.

"b-but, i really like him a lot..." she choked on her tears. i sighed and patted her back. i think i'm going to stick very close to hyun mi nowadays. for now, i was going to avoid her from taehyung.

"sometimes things just doesn't go right for us. i'm sure god has his reasons for doing this, maybe next time you will find someone better in your life." i hushed her. she nodded as she sniffed.

"oh god, i look like those typical girls going through a break up," she pulled away from me as she joked. i laughed.

"shall we go buy some ice cream?" i grinned. she nodded as she wiped her tears with her bare hands.

"k-drama and chill," she answered.

•••

and so it was monday again. goddamn monday blues. hyun mi was getting better, but she was still crying over taehyung. i told her to not watch romance movies but she just had too. and she ended up bawling her eyes out because it reminded her that it could not be taehyung and her.

today, we have history class. so avoiding taehyung was not an option. luckily hyun mi sat quite far away from taehyung. but i had to sit beside the guy who broke my best friend's heart. freaking asshole. but i really can't blame him though, since it was not his intention to break her heart as he has his own feelings though.

"hye joo?" taehyung poked my arm which shook me out of my thoughts.

"yeah?" i raised an eyebrow at him. he sheepishly pointed to my history textbook.

"can i share with you? i did not bring mine."

"uh, okay." i agreed. he scooted his chair closer to mine. i placed the textbook on the middle of the table. i did not know why, but the atmosphere was awkward. like before i caught him doing the deed on the principal's car, we did not talked at all and the silence was comforting. but now, it felt really awkward.

"actually, who do you like? i'm asking for best friend's sake, uh." i started since i could not stand the awkwardness as it was going to kill me.

"i'm sorry but it's a secret," he replied. i just nodded slowly. i should respect his privacy. and why was i even asking this question? it was like invading his privacy. but anyways, what's done can't be undone.

"class, flip your textbook to page 117." the teacher announced. i placed my hand on the page and was about to flip it but taehyung's hand was faster. our hands brushed a little. his cheeks flushed and i was wondering if he was sick.

"hey, are you sick or something? why are you so red?" i questioned worriedly.

"i'm not sick," he quickly replied. i decided to shrug it off.

"but my heart is beating so fast that i can die of heart attack now," he clutched his chest area. i stared at him. what on earth is he talking about?

"you," he whispered.

"why are you shaking up my heart?"

-

5 more chapts :) i don't think anyone will miss this story tho AHAHAHA