Sixteen

Mori is in the picture.

"Uuuuuugh!" Atta groaned loudly in frustration, she had been flying for days now and still hadn't found a single clue to where her rider was.

She huffed and landed outside of a town, the riddle repeating itself over in her head:

'She still sleeps.
She will wait for you, as you waited for her,
For many years.
The darkness that has stolen part of you,
Has taken all of her.
She waits, waits for her dragon to find her again'

Atta had indeed waited for Lorelie, she spent a year flying alone and growing in size. Her mother had rejected her when she was still an egg, Atta hatched alone, without any family and without a name.

But then Lorelie found her, the young half-nightgale had been taking a stroll through the forest with her twin, when she found a pure white dragon crying herself to sleep.

She had been named Atta, it had once been the name of a courageous centaur who lived century's ago.
Atta huffed, heading inside the town, she ignored the curious glances and whispered from the villagers.

"Darkness and light? How is this possible?" The towns librarian asked under his breath, talking to himself again.

"She wears a saddle!" A young girl said to her mother.

"Hey!" A figure shouted from the top of a townhouse "Leave her alone! She obviously has a sad past!"

The townsfolk whispered and mumbled among themselves, before dispersing and going about their daily life, trying to ignore the dragon stomping through their wide streets.

Atta turned her head slowly when she felt the weight of someone sit in her saddle, the person who had shouted at the townspeople sat there contently, munching on an apple.

The dragon growled in annoyance and tipped the boy off, he let out an 'oof!' when he hit the ground and stared into Atta's one red eye, curiously.

"Don't worry, I'm a dragon too" the boy said grinning.

Atta's eyes widened and she grunted in surprise, the young boy did have some qualities resembling a dragon. His nails were sharp claws, his eyes were a dark grey with a slit pupil, and his hair was a unique scarlet.

"Come on! I'll show you" he yelled over shoulder, running down the street.

Atta followed him to a secluded farm on the edges of the town. He shifted back into a dragon, and she instantly recognised him.

'Mori!? What are you doing here?!' She shouted into his mind.

Mori had been a member of Wilds Unite, he fought by the warriors side when they warded off the hunters and had become good friends with Fados. He was only five years younger than Atta.

'Rhaegos told me to follow you, just to make sure you'd be alright' The red dragon answered.

'You've been following me this whole time?' The skin above Atta's eye twitched upward.

'Yeeeaa......' Mori replied nervously.

Atta smirked 'you will be a good help for me, and company as well'

'Hey, Wha?' Mori stood frozen as the female dragon flew off, after a moment of shock and hesitation, he followed her, grumbling under his breath.