One

Atta is in the picture.

Atta let out another pain filled moan. Her wings contained countless tears in the thin membrane and soft feathers, one of her teeth was missing and she was lost without Lorelie.

The large dragon lay in a heap on the forest ground, several trees had gotten crushed underneath her when she crash landed. With a heavy heart and empty saddle, Atta stood up on all four of her paws. Her wings were drooping and dragging behind her, she kept her head lowered as tears rolled down her scaly face.

Mareline, just happened to be fetching water from the well on her families property, when she spied the large white, reptile crying in the shadows of the trees. Her task now forgotten, she wandered over to the weeping dragon, Atta lifted her large head as she heard the farm girl approach.

"Now, Now, why are you crying?" Mareline asked, sitting in front of Atta and stroking her nose.

Atta, of course couldn't reply, she whimpered and turned her head to rub against the empty saddle that was strapped to her back still.

"Your rider?"

Atta nodded and began to cry again, Lorelie hadn't been in her conscience since she had fallen out of the saddle during the battle; the battle that took place a few days ago, they had of course won.

"Come back to our home, we have a farm dragon who will be happy to translate your telepathic messages to us" Mareline explained to the weeping white beast, standing up.

Atta followed the blonde girl back to the house, having to keep a slow pace so Mareline wouldn't have to run ahead to lead her to the farm house.

"Toros" Mareline said gently, knocking on a large door belonging to a larger barn.

A dragon; smaller than Atta, poked his sky blue head out of the doorway. He looked at Mareline, then turned his attention to the white dragon behind her. He could sense the sadness emitting from her right away, a puddle had began to pool near her feet, a puddle of hot tears.

Toros stepped out of the barn, his tough hide glinting in the sunlight. Her rubbed his neck against Atta's, purring comfortingly as she continued to weep.

'Now, what is your name?' Toros asked, after Atta had granted him permission into her consciousness.

'Atta'

'What ails you, my dear Atta?'

Atta touched her forehead to the other dragons, sharing her memories. When she pulled away he looked into her Aquamarine eyes sorrowfully.

'You best get your wounds healed and set off to find her then' Toros said in a tone of anticipation.

Atta then followed Toros back into his barn, there was enough room to hold the both dragons.

Hey! So this is my first Dragon book, Give me some creative criticism guys!

Mareline- (Mah-re-leen) blonde hair, brown eyes, maroon peasants dress and cream apron.

Toros-sky blue, hard scales, red eyes, minimal feathers on body.

Atta- White, smooth scales, greenish blue eyes, horns on the sides of her head, feathers on wings, under wings, tail and back of neck.

Some made up dragon history!
Farm dragons have little to no feathers, tough scales and a sarcastic, joyous and loyal personally.

Guard dragons have no feathers, always have dull scales, friendly personality and very good at their jobs. These dragons usually have no riders.

Guardian dragons are fully feathered, their feathers will fall when they are threatened, and reveal their tough hide. They are fierce, friendly, kind and have thin patience. Never have riders.

Warrior dragons are usually partly feathered, no feathers sprout at the base of their neck, the space in between the wings where a saddle would go. They are fierce, stubborn, clever, quick and loyal. Do not anger a warrior dragon.

Transport dragons are a group of wild dragons who were amongst humans for most of their lives, they allow air travel to travellers, they have no riders, are kind and protective over their cargo.

Mage dragons existed when dragons first began to roam the earth, theses dragons possessed feathers only on their wings. If anyone is to see one today, it is a rare sight. It is unknown if these dragons ever had riders, but they were the first dragons to develop their own magic.

Elemental dragons are said to of only existed in the dragon legends, the two most powerful ones are: Roythn- son of the moon, and: Celticis- daughter of the sun. It is unknown whether they were real, are real, or had riders. The lower dragons of this species are said to be: Aquayos- creator of the seas and bringer of rain, Vita- goddess dragon of the forests and protector of nature, Vilya- sister to the skies and bringer of winds, Naur- mother of flames and inflicter of heat, and finally; Dae- the dark dragon, born from shadow himself, he wreaks destruction and brings illness and death. But, hopefully these legends stay legends.

Wild dragons have no riders, they never find them, barely interact with other species and are rarely kind. Do not wander into the forests alone.