Chapter 19

Go vote for Adopted in the wattyawards under action and don't forget to vote for it here with one click of a button. :)

Chapter 19

The cabin was a beautiful change from camping out in the open, it seemed much more inviting to me. Each cabin was surrounded by a short, ever green, hedge and many flowers of different colors and sizes.

The cabin had four rooms with a single bed each, I was so thankful we didn’t have to share rooms with anyone! It was a comfortable, spacious, little cabin with only the necessities, no T.V, no computer or D.V.D players or anything to entertain us. The rooms were all black and white with a little bit of red here and there, making it look livelier.

Placing my suit case in my room, I looked out to see Aaron waiting outside like we’d planned, deep in thought with an angered look on his face. I put my phone on the small bed side cupboard and walked out to meet him.

“Where are you going?” Andre asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Aaron and I are going for a walk,” I replied, walking past him with a smirk on my face.

“Hey,” I approached him hesitantly with a light smile on my face. He scowled and started walking. He was angrier than I thought. I had to run a bit to keep up with his fast pace and long legs.

“So, what’s the plan?” I asked.

“We will go to meet Lisa,”

“What?” I questioned.

“I said we will meet her, but what she doesn’t know is that we’ll have a whole S.W.A.T team with a whole lot of weapons ready to arrest her!” he replied with an evil look on his face. His tone was not friendly like it used to be; it was stone cold and made me want to shy away.

It took me a while to process what he was saying. How was he meant to get all these people? Did he know how dangerous and deadly Astra really was?

“Astra is super dangerous, no one messes with him,” I said. He looked at me, his eyes shining.

“No one messes with my dad!” he growled low and deep looking down on me making me feel small. I looked at the ground ashamed that I had agreed to do Lisa’s dirty work for her. Why did I agree to this? I felt tears sting my eyes. I was stupid to be bribed into this, but Lisa and I have dreamed of this. Freedom, no more little rooms to be shared with others. I blinked hard trying to stop myself from crying. But they streamed down my cheeks. I sniffed softly, but it wasn’t right to use someone like that especially since they chose to adopt me and take me in like I was family. If they do die, I would miss fighting with Andre, Andrew making a complete idiot out of himself and Aaron being so incredibly mouse like. What I didn’t notice is that the tears were streaming down my face so fast that it actually looked like a stream. I sniffed again, this time a bit too loudly. Aaron turned to look at me surprised and his face softened a little, but still he didn’t look as friendly as he used to. To tell the truth, I really believed he would have been a little more understanding, but then again it was his dad.

When I finally looked up I noticed that we had somehow got back to the cabin.

“How are we meant to get all these people? I asked, trying to pretend that I wasn’t crying.

“I have connections!” he replied shrugging and heading indoors. I slapped my hand to my forehead, of course! I kept forgetting that he was the Prime-Ministers son… And really I was the Prime-Ministers Daughter or at least his adopted daughter, but I knew I didn’t deserve to be.  I let myself fall on the bed like a plunk and sighed. Once this was over no one would trust me again, would they? The chance of Wendy not trusting me surrounded my every thought as I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up to the sound of an argument taking place, I rubbed my eyes, still half asleep, my stomach grumbled seeing as I had skipped dinner. I tied my messy bed hair into a pony tail, knowing that brushing it would be a lost cause. 

The alarm clock read 6.00, man it was so early! I rubbed my eyes yet again and yawned, stretching my arms out.

“I’m telling you something’s up with her, she acts so weirdly these days!” I froze it was defiantly Andre talking. Please don’t be talking about me! Please don’t be talking about me, I silently begged in my head.

“Andre really? I know you don’t like her that much, but…”

“I swear she does! It’s not because I don’t like Hazel, it’s just… The first night traveling she wanted to keep going and to find Marlon as soon as she could then the next night she wanted to find a place to rest at 5.00! And it’s not just that, I’ve been realizing things like this all along!” replied Andre in a fierce tone. 

I suddenly heard footsteps and I hurried into bed not wanting to be caught eavesdropping. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again, after all it was still early in the morning.

I couldn’t sleep; I just kept tossing and turning, thinking that maybe Andre knew? Did Aaron tell him? I sighed, he might have, Aaron doesn’t really like me that much anymore. I shuddered remembering his expression when I told him the truth.

After about thirty minutes I decided to get out of bed, I couldn’t fall asleep so what was the point of trying any more.

The sunset outside was just magnificent! Never in my life had I ever seen anything like it. The beautiful blend of light purple, pink and red looked exquisite against the light blue sky, tinted with light red and pink, the sun rising in the middle of all these colors was extraordinary.

“It looks amazing doesn’t it?” I jumped at the sound of a voice. Aaron was standing there observing the sky like I was.

“Yes,” l looked back to the sky; you could look at it forever and never get bored. I suddenly grabbed my phone and took a few photos however it didn’t look nearly as impressive as the real deal.

“Umm, Aaron… Did you tell Andre about, you know what I told you?” I asked, begging with my eyes for him to say no. he looked surprised, but that soon changed to anger.

“Damn it Hazel! Do you really think I would tell? I can’t believe you! I’ve been so good to you about all this and you still don’t trust me? Forgive me, but I think I should be the one not trusted you, don’t you think?” he yelled at me, once again making me feel small. He shook his head and left.

I leaned against the wall and slid down with my hands on my head. Tears were stinging my eyes. Of course he wouldn’t tell! If he had any trust in me it was defiantly gone now! I couldn’t hold it any longer; tears were streaming down my face. 

I heard footsteps and saw a shadow, looking up I saw Wendy standing there with a very concerned look on her face.

“Hazel, are you ok sweetie?” I couldn’t answer; her kindness just brought a whole new around of tears.

“Hazel?” she asked again.