Chapter 2

Go vote for Adopted in the wattyawards under action and don't forget to vote for it here with one click of a button. :)

Chapter 2

They had an enormous five story house set right in the center of Washing D.C, America. Looking around I noticed they even had their own body guards! Two men dressed in uniform were standing at the entrance, in front of the giant, iron gates. It wasn’t even a fence, but an actually gate going around the whole house. As we neared the entrance the men bowed their heads in respect. I could already tell that the house was the largest in the street and possible the whole country.

The entrance of the house was supported by two, round pillars and was completely white. The front yard was massive! I couldn’t imagine what the back yard would be like.  I spun around taking in everything and saw Andre just smirking at me while I looked at their house in awe.

“What?” I asked him.

“Nothing, it’s just so funny, you should see your face!” he replied, still smirk.

“You know Hazel, you hardly have any possessions,” Wendy exclaimed coming up behind me.

“Umm, well I didn’t really need anything at the orphanage. They gave me everything I needed, not that I had any money to actually get anything!” I replied.

“No worries, in your room you should have everything you need, if you want something and you don’t have it, just ask.” Wendy reached up and pressed this little, grey button camouflaged by the gate. I would never have noticed it if she hadn’t pushed it.  Suddenly two more men came out of nowhere and took my bag. They had on those suits like people working in hotels would wear.

“Oh no, it’s ok. I can take them!” I said to them as they reached for my bags.

“No, no honey, it’s fine, that’s what their paid to do,” said Wendy, gently prying my hands off the pink bag. I eventually let them take my bag however the men looked surprised.

We finally passed the gates into the front garden, my eyes lit up; I couldn’t believe this would be where I was going to be living! The front garden of the house looked bigger than the back garden of the orphanage. The De Zeliva’s were extremely rich! There were flower beds everywhere and various fruit trees such as apple, orange and cherry, my stomach growled as I thought about all the delicious fruit. Andre stepped forward and picked the reddest apple I had ever seen. The apple looked juicy and appealing.

“Here,” he said, tossing the apple at me. Dropping my bag, I caught it. I took a bite, juice instantly squirted out into my mouth, it was delightful, and I was in heaven.

“That has to be the best apple I have ever tasted!” I told Andre when I had finished eating. Andre simply laughed and shook his head amused. It was then that I realized that Wendy and Marlon had already gone inside. Andre and I walked up to the glass door, just as I was about to open it a hand reached out and did it for me.

“Thanks,” I said to the security guard standing at the door. He nodded his head and Andre tried hard not to laugh. 

The inside of the house looked like a palace. There was a beautiful, crystal chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling and a walk way directly in the middle. On either side of the walk way was a stair case that curled up to the second story.

“What’s up there?” I asked Andre, pointing to the second story.

“You I’ll see. Come I’ll show you where you’re new room is,” replied Andre smugly. As I followed him I was looking from left to right at all the gold statures that were placed around the stair case. There were some with little fairies and some had flags from different countries. Suddenly I bumped into Andre, not noticing that he had stopped. He opened a door and what I saw was unbelievable.