Julianne gave me a snide look before shaking her head with amusement. "Sure, because you don't already have a perfect average in that class." She remarked sarcastically as I shot her a glare. "Anyways, are you planning on going to prom?"

I scoffed, raising an eyebrow. Did Julianne really expect me out of all people to go to prom? The whole idea of finding the perfect dress with matching shoes is enough to scare me away from prom, let alone making sure your corsage matches your dress or if your date shows up on time. It was just too stressful to think about, especially with finals coming up.

"Me? Prom? Definitely not." Julianne pouted, reaching over when I least expected it and snatching my textbook away. "Hey! What was that for?"

"You've been studying nonstop for the past few weeks." Julianne explained, stuffing my textbook in her own backpack. "I think you deserve a break."

"Breaks are for the weak." I argued.

Julianne rolled her eyes as Ryan approached out booth with two steaming mugs of coffee in his hands. Placing one down in front of me and my best friend, Ryan slid into the empty space next to Julianne. "Ryan, please tell Everly that she needs a break from studying and that she should at least consider going to prom."

Ryan smirked, turning to me as he obeyed his girlfriend's commands. "Everly, you need to take a break from studying and consider going to prom."

Julianne narrowed her eyes at Ryan. "That's not what I meant, babe." She muttered under her breath as Ryan chuckled and leaned over to peck her cheek.

"Gross," my face scrunched up in disgust, "could you guys try not to make out while I'm still here?"

Julianne blushed, immediately putting a space in between her and Ryan. "Sorry, Everly." She said, flustered. "But, I'm going shopping for a prom dress tonight. Call me before six if you want to come."

Ryan's phone suddenly buzzed, vibrating against the table as he glanced over it. A look of disapproval shot across Ryan's face, capturing the attention of Julianne as she peered over her boyfriend's phone to see what had caused him so much distress.

Before Julianne had the chance to process her words, she asked with a tone of confusion, "Why is Christiana Collins texting you?"

My heart immediately gutted to the bottom of my stomach as I bit my lower lip anxiously. Neither Ryan nor Julianne knew about what happened months ago, when Christiana came over to my house and told me to stay away from Jace.

"I-I don't know." Ryan muttered before picking his phone up to check what Christiana had texted him. Julianne waited for Ryan's response as his eyes scanned over the text, and although as much as I hated to admit it, I was slightly curious about it myself. "She wants to know if you and I want to share a limo with Jace and her for prom."

I could immediately feel the looks of pity and sorrow from my best friend and her boyfriend. Lifting my head up from my mug of lukewarm coffee, I gave my two friends a light chuckle. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

Julianne knew how much I hated sympathy. Immediately covering her previous expression, she gave me a soft smile. "We just didn't want you to-,"

"I know." I cut her off, smiling. "Listen, you guys have to stop walking on eggshells around me every time Jace is mentioned."

Ryan's was unsettled as he tried to speak. "We just thought that you'd be uncomfortable with-,"

"Whatever happened between Jace and I happened months ago." I pointed out. "I've gotten over it by now."