Something anything

Start bij het begin

"Well, protocol is that if 24 hours pass and he's still not home, we file a missing person's report. So if he returns home call us, if we don't hear word from you then we would come back around the same time as tonight tomorrow," one of the cops said probably just wanting to get out of the tension filled home.

He smiled and him and his partner walked out of the house while Charlie an Ashton were having an intense stare off.

And Luke was caught in the middle. He was too busy with his own thoughts to care though, like where was Calum? And who could he be with? And where the hell would he even stay the night if he's not coming home? Is he alright?

"I hate to say it, but you banned Luke from seeing Calum yet he's here in our house lying to our faces. Can't you see they're best friends? They tell each other everything and I'm sure Luke knows something at least," Charlie said.

"I really don't," Luke cringed. He hated being center of attention. And this bickering was surely annoying, maybe that's why Calum left.

He did it before a couple nights ago when they were arguing and came to Luke's.

"Do you think that it was your arguing that drove Calum away?" Luke asked so softly scared of the reaction he'd receive.

Ashton opened his mouth to reply to his wife but shut it immediately when Luke spoke.

The air was so thick and the room was incredibly silent, so silent a pin could drop and the entire house would hear.

"You silly boy," Charlie scoffed and Luke knew he shouldn't be offended.

"I can't believe you have the audacity to stand there and say it's my fault that Calum left, get out and don't even think about coming back!" Her shrill voice rung out and Luke visibly flinched.

He hated being yelled at. And he didn't want to be unwelcomed at the Irwin household, although he already was, this place was his second home. And his dream's home.

Ashton was there and the little ounce of affection from his dream made him want to stay so badly.

"Do not tell him to get out. Don't even speak to Luke like that," Ashton's low voice warned. He was not yelling but his tone alone made Luke shiver.

"You can't be serious. Fine then, if he's not leaving, then I will," she announced stomping past them and walking to the front door, slamming it on her way out.

Ashton frowned and groaned in frustration yet he made no move to even stop her.

Not even when the car pulled out of the driveway. He didn't care where she was going or to who, he was just tired or her and the constant nagging that came along with her these past few days.

All week long, they've been fighting. Not just about Calum but about the littlest of things like if there was a lack of salt in his food, which Ashton kindly pointed out and she not so kindly replied 'if it's salty then make your own food.'

All these little arguments have just made Ashton's blood pressure run high and he's always worried about the kids hearing and thinking the wrong thing, Charlie and Ashton still love each other, just not as much as they used to. And Ashton is quite comfortable with the idea of loving Luke.