Diana's Confusion

Diana's deep POV

7 p.m.

Diana was waiting for Rahul when lights when off. Looking around with her smartphone's torch, she called out for the servants but soon realized that she had given them a day off, since she wanted to talk to Rahul, alone.

So, she simply sat on the couch.

*Knock knock*

She got up and moved towards the door. Looking through the eyehole, she could understand that there was someone outside, but didn't recognize the person because there were no lights in the corridor even.

"Hello beautiful!" she heard a familiar voice say.

As the door opened, the lights were turned back on.

She was about to call out Rahul, but her jaw tightened when she saw Rajveer standing at the door.

With a bright smile on his face, he said, "Surprise!"

She stared at him and color drained from her face.

"What happened?" Rajveer's brows drew together.

"N... Nothing." She vaguely smiled.

"You don't look happy."

"I... I am happy." She tried to extend her smile.

"Seriously?" Rajveer pointed a finger at her childishly.

"Yes." She smiled and turned towards the living room.

"So, how's everything going on? I've heard a lot about your movie with Rahul."

"Is it?"

"Yeah! I hope you are having a great time on the sets." He said while settling himself on the couch.

"Ya. Great time." She looked away and smiled.

"So, tell me something about your experiences from the shoot."

"Nothing great." She faked a smile while sitting on the couch near him.

"Seriously? I mean you and Rahul are together in a movie again, and there is nothing great to share?" His eyebrows waggled.

"Um... Just that the story is good, and the sets are amazing."

"And?" Looking at Diana, he placed his hand on the newspaper kept on the table.

Diana looked at his hand, and it was near the news that worried her this morning. "See, if you are talking about that piece of article, it isn't true."

"Which article?" He looked at the newspaper and said, "Oh this! You know that I don't believe these journalists. They write anything they want and do not care about what actually happens." He smiled and continued, "As it is, I go by a person's emotions."

He picked up the newspaper and started reading other articles in the paper. "See what they have written about Amit ji. Disgusting. That is why I say, go by emotions and not what others say."

Diana felt relaxed, but then the bell rang.

*Ting Tong*

"I'll check." Rajveer said and moved towards the main door.

Oh God! I think Rahul is here. What should I do now?

She started tapping her feet. She could see Rajveer opening the door.

"Hello, sirji. What a pleasant surprise. Come in, come in." Rajveer greeted Rahul, and they moved into the living room. Diana could see Rahul's expression as he looked at her with a smile on his face.

They were seated on the couch, and Rajveer said, "Diana said there was nothing special on the sets of your movie. You tell me. Something special."

"Aaa... I think the most special part of this movie is the story. And I love the sets too." Rahul said.

"Seriously? So, you two love the story and the sets only. You two do not enjoy each other's company?" Rajveer asked.

"Of course, it is great to work with an actress who is helping me revive my career." He mocked.

"There is nothing like that," Diana said with a straight face.

Rahul smiled as Rajveer looked at Diana and then Rahul.

"Guys, guys... What happened?" Rajveer asked.

"Nothing." Rajveer heard them say together.

"So, you two want to tell me that Rahul's mockery and Diana's blunt reply isn't unusual?"

"Can we talk about something else?" Rajveer heard them say together, again.

"Oooh," Rajveer's eyes were sparkling with mischief as he looked at them turn by turn.

"I'll get something to eat," Diana said.

"No no no. This is getting interesting." Rajveer said. "I've something crazy in my mind."

"Next time buddy." Rahullightly tapped Rajveer's right shoulder and continued, "I'm going out for dinner with Kiara."

"Where?"

"Taj."

"Hmmm... would you mind if we join you guys or do you want us to surprise the couple?" Rajveer asked.

"Umm... I'm not going out anywhere. I'm tired." Diana said.

"Rahul bro, you tell her. She won't say no to you."

"I'm seriously tired Rajveer."

"And as it is, I wish to spend some private moments with my wife," Rahul said with a smile.

"Hmm. Okay. If your two do not want it, let it be that way."

"Cool. I'll take your leave." Rahul got up and moved out.

As Rahul left, Rajveer looked at Diana and said, "So, you proposed him, or he proposed you?"

"What?" Daina asked as her heartbeats started racing.

"Nothing." A smile made its way on his face.

He got up and moved to the bedroom.

Diana sat there confused about what should she say to Rajveer and how their conversations should proceed.

***************