Chapter 27: White Oak Ash

Katherine's POV
What the hell does he mean me and Nadia are the key? How are we the key to destroying the originals? I ask "What the hell are you talking about? You have the white oak stake, that should be enough."

Finn says "Well, it's not anymore. They have the white oak stake. When Mikael got bit they swiped the stake from him and knowing Niklaus he burned it as soon as possible. But, I have another way to make a weapon to destroy them and it involves your help and Nadia's."

I ask, wary "How?" And Mikael says "In order to make the weapon, it involves your help. A traveler's magic." I widen my eyes in shock and ask "What? What is this weapon?" And Finn says "It's a weapon that can kill any vampire including an original. But only a traveler can help do the spell. You or Nadia can do it and if you or her refuse, I'll send you both running back to hell." I felt a dark chill go down my spine when he said that.

The way he said it: evilly, murderous, and dark. So, I say "I'll help you." I need to tell the others, or try to most likely. Mikael smiles in triumph and says "good! We start the day after tomorrow. We need the ingredients."

I ask "Such as?" And Finn says "White oak ash is included, but that's all you need to know. Okay?" I nod my head and he says "You're dismissed." He waves his hand at me when he says that.

I just scoff and walk out. Who the hell does he think he is dismissing me like some child? Pft! Never mind. I got to warn the others. I run to my car and I drive to the originals home.

Third Person
Stefan is in his room looking at pictures of him, Gabby, Greg, and Damon from when they were little. He got them from Gracie. He lifts his head up when he hears a knock on his door.

He says "Come in." He sees Freya come in and he smiles at her while putting the pictures down and she smiles back at him. She says "Hey!" Then shuts the door. She sits next to him and Stefan asks "What's wrong?"

Freya starts to rant "Everything! Finn is not the sweet boy I used to know. He claims that our siblings have fallen so far-- that they are bad, but look at him. How's he any better? He's trying to kill an innocent child and he's hurting innocents. If anyone has fallen so far, it's him." She says that last part crying a little.

Stefan wraps his arm around her and comforts her "Hey, we'll survive this. We always do, especially the originals. Including you, I mean after everything you went through with Dahlia, you still survived. You're a true Mikaelson." She looks up at him and says "Thank you!" He looks into her eyes and says "You're welcome!"

She looks into his and they start getting lost into each other's eyes. Stefan leans in to kiss her and she leans in too, but they pull away when Elijah barges in and saw what they were about to do.

Elijah clears his throat and he says, feeling awkward "um, Katerina is here. She has something important to tell us." Freya says "okay. Let's go." She walks past Elijah with haste.

Stefan gets up and is about to walk out, but is stopped by Elijah. He says "Stefan, I admire you. The lengths you go through to protect the people you care about, your family... Hope. But, let's get something clear, I don't trust you when it comes to my family. Hope? Yes, you have done a great job with her, but my other family, my siblings. You've hurt them more than enough times. They may trust you for some insane reason, but I do not. Not after everything you put us through. I appreciate you for what you've done for Hope and I owe you one for that, but I don't trust you. Point is, I'm not going to let you hurt Freya, like how you hurt Rebekah-"

Stefan interrupts him "I didn't mean to-" Elijah interrupts him "let me finish. I don't want you to break Freya's heart like how you broke Rebekah's. So, what I'm saying is, if you do hurt Freya, you will never see her or Hope again." Stefan looks at him a little sad and angry.

Elijah smirks and says "that is all." He walks away and downstairs. Stefan inhales and exhales deeply. He doesn't want to lose Hope and he feels that he actually may have strong feelings for Freya. He wouldn't hurt her, ever.

Stefan walks downstairs to the others, including Cami, and sees Katherine sitting down looking worried. She stands up when she sees him and Damon asks "what's going on?" Katherine says "well..." she told them everything Finn told her and everyone was shocked and afraid.

Elijah asks "how is this possible?" And Katherine says "I guess he found something, but he needs a traveler's help to do it, which is where me and Nadia come in." Stefan asks "how do we stop them?" Everyone sighs and are now shaking in fear.

If Finn kills all the originals then they all die too, giving Finn what he wants. The world rid of vampires. Katherine says "well, they told me one of the ingredients to making it: White oak ash. They'll probably try to steal it from you, your the only ones that have white oak ash."

Klaus says "well then, they're not getting their hands on it. If they do try, I'll kill him and Mikael. The element of surprise seeming as Mikael and Finn think we destroyed the white oak stake, but oh no, we didn't. We planned to destroy it after we destroyed Mikael."

Freya flinches at that statement and Stefan notices and goes over to her and rubs her back comforting her and she smiles at him and he smiles back. Stefan pulls away when he notices Elijah's glare and looks back to Klaus.

Klaus says "we have to hide it well. We can't let them get their hands on it." Klaus leaves the room and Cami follows after him. Caroline was about to go after him, but stopped when Cami made the first move. She felt a little jealous. Klaus and Cami are very close.

Bry says "we can't let them get their hands on that white oak ash. Let him hide it." Greg says "we all need sleep. Let's just go to bed and everyone else, you guys should go back to your hotel and sleep."

Greg, Lily, Gracie, Stefan, Damon, Bry, Jeremy, and Elena have been staying with the Mikaelson's. Damon and Elena share a bed as do Kol and Gabby. Stefan says "Greg's right. I'm turning in. See you guys in the morning. Goodnight."

Everyone says "goodnight." Stefan goes to his room and closes the door and gets into comfortable clothes and goes to bed thinking about tomorrow, Hope, and Freya. He doesn't want to hurt her, so he's trying to figure out his feelings for her, before he does anything.