He switched on the targeting system and aimed at the lead enemy ship. Once it reported that he was locked on, he pulled the trigger. A bright red laser blast shot out of his ship and hit the enemy spaceship right in the center. It exploded in a brilliant orange ball of flame. "Take that, punks!" Zeke shouted.

Unfortunately, he seemed to have attracted the attention of the other three ships, because they altered their course and started flying directly towards him. They all started firing their own lasers at him.

"Take evasive measures," Milosh said.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Zeke said as he pulled hard on the controls. He dodged to his right but saw that Max had taken out one of the other enemy ships. The llama in the purple and yellow ship swooped in from behind and blew up the last two ships. "Good for you, background guy!" Zeke said.

"Says his name is Brian and stop calling him background guy, you stupid jerk," Milosh said.

"Wait, how did he know I was calling him background guy? Are you telling him what I'm saying? Cut that out, Milosh."

"Is sorry," Milosh said. "Dr. Octavius says swing back to the left and engage enemy forces."

"All right, I'm on it."

*

Sarah had two enemy fighters on her tail and she couldn't seem to shake them. Somewhere in front of her the bad guys had blown up three of the ships from her side and she found herself suddenly navigating through a field of debris. One of the fighters behind her collided with a chunk of engine and exploded, but the other one remained doggedly on her tail.

"Is opening directly to your right," Milosh said. "Swing hard to starboard and regroup with friends."

She spotted the gap in the debris and steered her ship straight towards it. The enemy fighter stuck to her like glue. It fired its lasers and one of the blasts clipped her wing. Looking over she could see smoke wafting out of it, but her navigation systems appeared to be unaffected. She continued on her course.

"Milosh, could you ask for a little help here? I can't shake this guy."

"Friend Bobby says hang tight," Milosh said.

A moment later Sarah saw a white blur descending down from overhead. A moment later the enemy fighter on her tail went up in a ball of flame and disappeared. She spotted another enemy craft quickly approaching Bobby from below. She veered her ship towards it and fired her lasers. She scored a direct his and it exploded in a fantastic display of light.

"Friend Bobby says thank you," Milosh said.

"Tell him I'm just returning the favor," Sarah said with a wink. "Now come on, let's get some more of these bastards."

*

Dr. Octavius had taken a position above the fray and was trying to direct his troops to the best of his ability. His target was the giant laser, which was growing brighter and humming louder by the moment. At any second that thing was going to be ready to fire and there was no doubt in Dr. Octavius's mind that it had the power to reduce Ingleblott to dust. He was trying to steer some of his ships up there, but it was too heavily defended and they couldn't get anywhere near it. His forces had been winning some minor skirmishes, but it wasn't enough, and if they couldn't stop this laser soon, the whole battle was going to be for nothing. He was going to have to think of something quickly.

"Pardon," Milosh spoke up. "Friend Lothar is reporting is almost finished with door. But is in desperate requirement of some duct tape."

"Tell him to look in the drawer underneath the counter," Dr. Octavius said.

"Is not there," Milosh said.

"Well, then tell him to get Maurice to fetch some for him."

"Is not available," Milosh said.

"What do you mean Maurice isn't available?" Dr. Octavius said. "The whole reason we left Maurice behind was so he could assist."

"Friend Lothar sent Friend Maurice out for some takeout food."

"Takeout food?" Dr. Octavius said. "In the middle of a hostile invasion, he's sending that boy out for takeout? Well, I suppose there is that one squid pizza joint that never closes. Even the time the entire atmosphere turned toxic, they stayed open."

"Friend Lothar says he really needs that duct tape," Milosh said.

"I know there's some duct tape at my lab back on Earth," Dr. Octavius said. "I guess I'll have to program a door to take me back there, so I can grab it really quick. Milosh, would you ask Sarah to take over command for just a moment? I'll be right back."

"Friend Sarah says she will do it," Milosh reported.

"Okay tell the other Miloshes back on the surface of Ingleblott to program a door to these coordinates and hold it open. We're going to fly right through back to Earth!"