There was a knock at the door. "Maurice, would you answer the door? That's probably the specialist that I enlisted."

Maurice ran to answer the door. A large tiger stood there holding a cube in his hands. "Hello, I'm Benjamin the geometric constructionist. Is Dr. Octavius here?"

"Come in," Maurice said as he closed the door behind him.

"Benjamin!" Dr. Octavius called out. "Come in. These are the doors I spoke to you about. Some of them are evidently capable of changing shapes. Since you're the only shape specialist I know of, I thought perhaps you could study them. Maybe see exactly what sort of shapes they're capable of assuming."

"It would be a pleasure," Benjamin said as he set down his cube and pulled a stool up to the table.

"This is our assistant, Maurice," Dr. Octavius said. "Feel free to consider him your assistant as well."

"Okay," Benjamin said. "Maurice, I'm going to need a protractor. Would you mind getting me one?"

"Of course, sir," Maurice said.

"Maurice, I need a screwdriver over here," Lothar said.

"I'm on it, sir," Maurice said.

"Maurice, there's a fly buzzing around my workspace," Dr. Octavius said. "Would you mind swatting it for me?"

"On top of it, sir," Maurice said as he grabbed a flyswatter.

"Hi there," the fly said. "My name is Phil and I'm here to tell you about a great moneymaking opportunity."

Unfortunately, Phil's voice was too quiet to attract Maurice's attention before he got squashed by the flyswatter.

"Maurice, I'm going to need a measuring stick," Benjamin said.

"Maurice, I need you to get me a pair of pliers," Lothar said.

"Maurice, I need you to get me that hammer that Lothar was using," Dr. Octavius said.

"Maurice, I need a plunger," Benjamin said.

"Maurice, I need that hammer back from Dr. Octavius," Lothar said.

"Maurice, I'm getting overheated," Dr. Octavius said. "I need you to grab that paper fan over there and wave it at me."

Maurice was working up a solid sweat as he ran back and forth across the room. There was another knock at the door.

"Maurice, would you get that?" Dr. Octavius, Lothar, and Benjamin said at the same time.

He opened the door and an obviously inebriated Max stumbled in with Sarah and Milosh behind him.

"What's going on, science dorks?" Max said.

"Hey babe," Sarah said as she kissed Maurice on the lips.

"Is good to see you," Milosh said. "Hugs for Milosh." Milosh gave Maurice a big hug.

"Maurice, my feet are aching," Lothar called out. "Would you come rub them please?"

"Good to see you, honey," Maurice said. "Now if you'll excuse me I've got to get back to work. Busy busy."