Chapter 9

Previously

"....did you forget Loki? That three day procedure. Did you forget to ask what it did to me?"

"I'll tell you what it did, it made me monstrous"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Meanwhile in the viewing room ---

There was a tense silence as the Avengers and their mutant guests watched Loki's skin turn blue and his eyes red.

A Frost Giant....not even Thor had known, and that fact had hurt him deeply. He thought back to all the times after their mission to Jotunheim that Loki had shied away from all physical contact and silently berated himself for not noticing his brother's distress. Some brother he was.

It seemed though, that they had not yet had their fill of surprises due to the presence of this strange girl. Thor watched, heartbroken as yet again the brother of his heart flinched away from being touched....he did not wish to hurt her.

They all stared, transfixed and perplexed as Lila was proven right yet again, her skin did not burn when she touched him. "I do not doubt that what Loki said about his skin burning when touched is true, so why does Lila not burn?" Professor Xavier voiced all of their thoughts.

--- Back in the cell ---

The transformation had begun.

Lila hunched over in pain as her wings flared behind her. Cracking sounds could be heard as bones broke and realigned themselves. Out of her lower back sprung a tail, long and lizard like; her wings stretched larger and wickedly sharp spines grew along her tail, wings, spine and the back of her forearms, sharp as steel and just as strong. Her teeth and nails sharpened and elongated into fangs and claws and her eyes turned a soulful silver like swirling pools of molten mercury as her pupils became slitted and cat-like. Lila's legs and feet lengthened and changed until they had become like those of an animal that walks on all fours and her arms lengthened to make up the difference. Scales covered much of her exposed skin, from her legs to her arms, most of her chest and smaller, more delicate scales up the side of her face to her temples. They were layered, yet smooth to the touch, pearlescent and shimmered in the light, more beautiful the best armour one could buy. Her ears lengthened until the tips were pointed, like those of an elf, and small but sharp horns pierced through her forehead, the ebony colour stark against the silver of her hair.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds and before anyone could blink or breath, something truly monstrous stood before them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short I know and I'm sorry but I'm in my last year of high school and goodness are they piling the work on! It's like the teachers are afraid we might possibly gain a life outside of school if they give us free time!! So enough of my whining, I promise I'll try harder but really, I have school work and about two other stories I'm writing as well, so it's going to be slow. But please don't give up on me! This is not being discontinued, just slow at updates. Ok, I think that's all. Until next time.

Goodbye and farewell from The Doctor's Companion

P.S. I love all of you who are reading, commenting and voting, thank you to the ends of the earth!! :D