Chapter 28

When she says this, I get chills. I need to do something. I am suppose to defeat her. Yet, I was planning on some training. She is far more experienced than I am. What am I suppose to do? I can't beat her!

She laughs as though she can read my mind. "Don't worry, Elliot. I don't want to fight you. I want to train you."

T-train me? Train me for what? To defeat her? That's what I'm suppose to do. That's what Aunt Elizabeth told me I had to do. I was told she is evil. Yet, she doesn't seem evil.

Snap out of it, Elliot! She is evil. You have to defeat her. To avenge your mother, father, and grandmother.

"I know that you were told that you were to defeat me and claim the crown," she continues. "But it doesn't have to be like that. I can be the aunt you never had. I can even be the mother you never had if you'd like."

Her voice is so sweet, and it sounds so tempting. I have to stop myself from saying yes.

Say no, says the voice in my head.

Say yes, says a foreign voice. This one is much more tempting.

No, Elliot!

Just say yes.

Willyn smirks at my self-conflict. This sparks a fire in me. I can't say yes.

Say yes!

I can't say yes. I can't say yes. I can't say yes. I can't say yes!

Yes!

No!

My head begins to hurt at the conflict going on in my mind. I struggle to get the word out.

"N-n," I try. SAY YES! "N-n-no!"

I finally get it out. I'm not sure what I expect to happen. I suppose I was hoping that my willpower alone would make her fall over and die or something. Unfortunately, that is not even close to what happens.

Instead of falling over in agony, Willyn begins to laugh. This slightly disappoints me.

"Oh, innocent little Elliot," she smiles wickedly, "you might want to change your mind when you see what--or should I say who--I have."

She turns her head to the left. After a moment of hesitation, I turn my head to the right. Out of a door that didn't notice before, Firedrake and Finnick are pushing in two human-sized cages. I gasp when I see who is in them. Ethan is in one, and Shane is in the other. They are both unconscious. I run to the cages and fall on my knees.

"No, no, no!" I cry.

Willyn just smiles evilly. "So, Elliot, what do you say? Ready to join me now."

She walks toward me and stretches out her hand. I glare at it and try to think of a way out of this. There isn't one, though.

"If I join you," I start, "will you set Shane and Ethan free?"

"Yes," she replies.

Taking one last look at Ethan and Shane, I dry my tears. I look at Willyn's outstretched hand before placing my hand in hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys!

Merry Christmas Eve! Surprise update today and tomorrow even though tomorrow's is no longer a surprise.

Thanks, guys!