I got more interested when I've noticed both girls and Dylan were skating smoothly while Fiona was holding on to the metal posts not wanting to let go. I got so interested and sat at the bleachers right across them but no one seem to notice as there were other people scattered on the bleachers doing their things. I saw that she was wearing a red jacket and a tight skinny jeans making her legs longer in the distance. She was also wearing the same beanie she used during our game. I sighed remembering the last time I kissed her at the diner. That was the last time I was near her. But her intoxicating scent still remained in my thoughts. And I guess it will remain there forever.

"Let go Fiona! You can do it. Just grab my hand and go forward," I heard Dylan coaxing her. That fucking bastard wanted to hold her hand. Not in my face dude. I tried to calm myself before I do something stupid.

"Okay, okay! Let me just catch my breath," she replied.

I knew her, she was not the type to back down at any challenge. She loves them. As well as the danger it entails.

Then I saw her push herself forward. She has good balance but still landed on her butt twice earning boisterous laughter from her friends. She was also laughing while shaking her head in the most adorable way. I wish I could join them and I will be the one making her laugh. I was sighing to myself as I watched them enjoy the ice frolicking like there's no tomorrow. A few more minutes later, she got the hang of it. She was skating perfectly until I heard a loud bang and screams followed. It was too fast, she underestimated a turn and slammed full speed on the metal railings and fell on the ice hitting her head. I was shocked but adrenaline pumped through my veins as I jumped over the bleachers and dashed towards where she was sprawled. I saw a little amount of blood and heard Dylan on his phone calling for an ambulance. Her friends were hovering over her, and I saw one of them tearing up.

"Fiona, Fiona! Can you hear me?", I called out to her. Her eyes were closed but she was conscious. I shrugged off my jacket and slid it under her head. I would like to cradle her but was worried I'll make it worse if she has broken something.

"I'm o--k-kay", she slurred and she tried to open her eyes but closed them again. " I'm just d-d-izzy".

"You're gonna be fine. Paramedics are on the way," I told her and held her hand. She got hold of it and didn't let go until the ambulance arrived.

I heard the blasting siren and saw flashes of red and blue light signalling that help has arrived. The paramedics rushed to the scene, at the same time Rain and Brennan did.

"Oh! My God Fiona! What is she up to this time Dylan?" Realizing Fiona was still wearing her ice skates, she turned to Dylan. "What the hell, Dyl?! Ice skating? Seriously? Do you happen to realize she has not ice skated her entire life?",she shouted.

Dylan has lost all color on his face, taking the blame, and helplessly look at where the paramedics are working on Fiona. I threw him a glare and promised to deal with him later.

"It's nobody's fault. It was an accident!", Fiona blurted stubbornly. I was so pissed off I wanted to make her stand on the corner.

The paramedics fixed her on the stretcher and carried her to the ambulance. And on instinct, I followed them, then Rain and Brennan, and Dylan and her friends followed suit. I immediately rode at the back without the paramedic asking and seated myself beside Fiona's lying form. I glanced at the group and saw Brennan shaking his head, Rain throwing both her hands in surrender, Dylan with his mouth opening and closing but no words were coming out, and her friend who was nearly in tears, was now looking...amused? I really don't care. What I care for right now is for Fiona to be brought to the hospital fast and get checked hoping that she'll be okay and suffered no major damage.

Since it was a head injury I knew that she should not sleep. So, I got hold of her hand and placed a lingering kiss to it. She slowly opened her eyes and gave me the same look that melted me to my bones. Her brown eyes meeting my greens like they were drawn to each other making my stomach in knots.

"Hi! I missed you!", she bravely said. If I had known hitting my head would make you come near me, then I could have hit it a long time ago."

I know she was joking but every word crawled to my core.

"I only told you that we should stop kissing behind Casey's back, but not totally erase me from your life. We could have hang out as friends". Or not.

I noticed that she was pouting now, that I wanted to kiss her lips so that she'll know how much I needed her right now.

" You'll never knew what I went through, watching you from afar but I can't go near you nor talk to you. God! Fiona! If you only knew how I wanted you. So much, that it hurts. Just....just promise me you'll wait for me".

She was not able to reply as the ambulance jerked to a stop. She was hurriedly ushered to the emergency room which the nurses told me I was not allowed anymore. But being as stubborn as Fiona she wouldn't budge.

"No, please,please. Let him stay until the stitches." I didn't know how she do it but the doctors obliged. She was clinging to me while her wound was being cleaned. They need to cut and shave a little portion of her hair for them to stitch the cut properly. I didn't see any reaction from her. Other girls should have been whining and upset if their hair will be ruined. But not my girl. Besides, she will still be the most beautiful girl for me, with or without her hair. I have been caressing her arms and her back for comfort the entire time. Then the doctor said she needs to go to xray. That's when she let go of me.

"I will be right here waiting", I told her, and she smiled.

I went out to the waiting area and Dylan was the first one to see me. "How's Fiona? Is she okay?", he asked as he hurriedly approached me.

" You fucking bastard! Out of all people you should have known she was this reckless. You could have at least made her wear something to protect her head since this was her first time!" I shouted at him and shoved him.

"Seriously Matt? It was an accident. Why are you acting like a pissed off boyfriend when in fact I've already forgotten you knew her as you made her invisible these past few months? Why do you suddenly care when the one you should be worried with who is to be your wife, is working her ass out in New York?!"

He surely hit home. And I really wanted to punch his face. Brennan made his way between us as we were glaring at each other. Dylan wanted to prove he's right but I won't back down.

"Guys, please calm down", Rain pleaded with her voice cracking as she has been on the verge of tears since she saw Fiona sprawled on the ice. " Matt, how is she?"

Dylan finally backed down upon hearing Rain. And looked at me desperately waiting for my reply.

"She's on her way to xray now. She had about three inches stitches but doctor did a good job. Some parts of her hair needed to go though. Just hope and pray there's no broken bones."

Amy came bursting in and Rain met her halfway the waiting room and briefed her about Fiona's situation. I saw her nod her head and gathered everyone to partake the sandwiches she brought ushering everyone in the adjacent room to eat. She looked at me in a confused but sympathetic look and hugged me briefly. Then she went towards Dylan who was slumped in the couch and prodded him to grab a bite.

Brennan sat beside me on the couch and tapped me on my shoulder. "Rain told me John, Fiona's brother will be flying in tomorrow. Casey will be back this weekend. 'Hope you'll have everything fixed and settled with. I kinda miss you bro", squeezing my shoulder.

Startled, I stared at my bestfriend. Surely, we always see each other in classes and in practice. But now I realized that we don't get to do things we used to do together, as I was too busy moping and acting like a pathetic idiot.

" Yeah, sorry bro. I made up my mind and nothing can stop me now. I wanted her so much in my life, her accident made it clearer. I'll do my best to settle everything ASAP."

"Just don't hurt her and we're okay," he finally said.

"I won't, I promise".

Thanks for reading. Please comment and vote.