Realizing in the position she was in, in his arms, she quickly got up and pretended to brush off dust on her hoodie. 

"T-thank you." She says to the green-eyed brown haired stranger she's been having class with all year. He smiles at her, nodding in response. 

"Any time." He reassures and she takes a seat at her usual spot. 

She felt like he didn't know how thankful she was for him. But he knew all right. 

The teacher soon came rushing in, apologizing for his tardiness. Ara leaned back in her seat; anxious yet excited to receive her results.

Ara is the type of dorky or nerdy girl whose life would practically felt like it has ended if she got anything below a B – and she has but only once. 

"Okay. Open your textbooks to page 93. Complete questions 1 to 16 then you can come up for your results from yesterday's tests." He says and Ara brings out her textbooks from her bag.

'A' was written in the top right hand corner in bright red pen. It was circled in the same colour. A huge grin spreads across her face. 

A good grade, things she lived for. She mentally did a happy dance and sat back at her seat and doing some extension questions that the teacher set up if anyone finished early.

~~~~~~~~~~

The girl stares at her phone, growling under her breath. 

'Foolish idiot. How could she fail at something so easy? Stupid Alpha and his orders.' She was upset. Her friend had failed her. 

She sent back a text during class, 'you impulsive idiot. Sit closer to the front next time and try not to sit next to anyone near our pack.' 

As she presses 'send' she smiles wickedly. 

"Ms, would you please refrain from smiling down at your crotch and pay attention in class. If you fail anymore classes, you'll be held back from graduating." The teacher scolds and the girl groans, putting away her phone. 

"Yes Ms Willis..." She mutters and looks boredly back up to the dark green chalkboard.

She still smiles though, when it all ends, he will be hers and she will be out of her way. 

~~~~~~~~

Ara stares at the Senior Prom poster on the wall. There were a bunch of girls crowding at other ones, but this one was satisfyingly empty so she could stare at it all she wants. 

Masquerade was the theme; the date was set on the 31st. That was on the Friday next week.

Ara was confused on whether she should go or not. Her Mom would probably want her too. And plus, it's a masquerade; no one would notice that it's her. 

She smiled at that, she usually spends those nights watching old Disney movies, this time she'll actually go to her senior prom. No one ever asks her out and she has no friends, but when no one recognizes anyone, she could go.

And she doesn't have a bump yet, so the dress she wears won't show off anything. She could probably ask her Mom for something. 

Her Mom has been begging for her daughter to go out and have fun. Even go as far to regular teenage parties. 

She's been trying to doll up Ara, but she'd always refuse. Now's her chance, and she'd probably say yes. 

Ara leaves the poster, her thoughts off her stomach for once and on to prom. Prom, known to be a magical night – that is if you actually have a date to that thing.