eight.

andrew's pov.

i woke up around 4:30 am, so basically i had a nap. but it felt longer. i don't know why.

i tried to get up, but i was restricted. then i remembered. kehlani. last night.

did we...

i looked down. clothes still on.

i slowly removed my arm from her waist, and immediately her warmth was gone. i highkey wanted to put my arm back. but instead i just went and got ready for my surprise.

as soon as i was done, i grabbed lani's keys and started out for the door. then i stopped abruptly.

" she might wonder where i went. let me write her a note. "

i headed for the kitchen to get a piece of paper and started writing. when i finished, my note was more of a letter. i didn't give two shits about it tho. i just hoped she'd read it (and had gone back to sleep right after) before i came back.

" this better go well.. " i said, heading for the door.

kehlani's pov

5:45 am. that's when i woke up. i looked behind me and andrew wasn't there.

' wait. please don't tell me we... ' i thought.

nah. we couldn't have. clothes are still on.

i walked around my room to get my phone, which surprisingly ended up on the other side of the bed. then i see a paper on top.

" it's from cates ? " i said. i sat on top of the bed. i opened it.

" this is like a letter.. what the fuck cates.. " i said, before reading.

" my dear tsunami mami ( that's my new nickname for you lmao ) ; "

hmm. tsunami mami. i actually like that. i continued.

" yo i remember making one of these back a while ago and it was really long so lemme make you another one ( ha, dj khaled ; ' i appreciate that ' )...

KEHLANI PARRISH. to this day, i still don't understand how you can love your best friend so much. i'm not one to write cheesy, romantic paragraphs so if i'm blabbering, tell me. i'm so scared to tell you i love you sometimes because what if you don't ? i hate talking about my feelings because what if you don't feel the same way ? i hate the fact that i'm so childish and arrogant because what if you notice ? i hate that we can't see each other sometimes because of things going on in our lives. but your presence makes every single question like that go away. it's all a blur. and not like a confused blur. the kind of blur that you see whenever you're crying tears of joy, or when it's raining outside and the window makes masterpieces out of raindrops. when i see your smile, everything else is bland. my insecurities are inhaled by my emotions and hid behind the deep walls in my heart. but they're always there. and they come back the second you go away. it's devastating, but you always have an answer for all of my problems. you have the ability to make me smile in the matter of seconds. i have such a deep regard for you, i love you. - andrew (cakes) "

" aw. he's sweet. " i told myself. i took a second look at the letter. he added something at the end .. ?

" P.S.: I'M GETTING YOU FOOD BC I CAN LMAO SO JUST GO BACK TO SLEEP LIKE I KNOW YOU WILL AHA okay bye love you princess :) "

' THIS NIGGA GETTING ME FOOD ?! OKAY I'M SOLD. '  i thought.

he's so nice.

i went back to sleep.

A/N

yoooooo. we back at it again. kinda making it as interesting as it can get but idk lmao. what surprise does andrew have planned for kehlani ? let me know in the comments, i love hearing from y'all. sorry it's so short but it's something. love yaaaa.