five.

zak's pov.

so we pull up into michael's driveway and we all hop out once he parked the car. we bring up a conversation.

" this shit gon be lit. " michael starts.

" i hope so. ion wanna be wasting time here if it ain't the least bit fun. remember, michael, your house isn't that far away from mine. i can just walk." lani says.

" i know, but promise me you'll stay for a while even if it gets boring ? "

" i ain't promising you nun. just don't be surprised if you try to find me after a few hours and i'm not here. " she replied.

" okay then. " michael finally said.

" what you got planned for us today, mister ' i'm a 16 year old now '? " i said.

" ion know. whatchu guys wanna do ? you're the guests. " he replied.

" YOU ASK US OVER AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING PLANNED ?! " kailee yelled.

" chiiiiillll. we'll find something to do. "

" you headass. " kailee and i say.

by this time, we've already walked into the house, and settled ourselves in. me and kehlani almost passed out, because we always sleep late and everyone else gets a " good night sleep ". we say fuck that bullshit. yeah, sure, alarms go off, but we sleep through them. i guess it's our thing.

i never really noticed, but me and lani have a lot in common.

we sleep late, we love the same type of music, we're passionate in what we wanna do, and don't give a fuck about what people say. we just laugh that shit off. she one of the real ones that i fuck with and that's something that's important for a friendship like ours.

" WAKE YO BROKE ASSES UP !!!! RICH PEOPLE BEEN WOKE ALREADY !!! " andrew yells.

" NIGGA WE BEEN UP FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES GODDAMN FIND YOUR FUCKING CHILL SHIT UGH. "

classic kehlani.

" whatever. get up, lazy ass. " andrew tells her.

" fine." she gets up and starts walking. i close my eyes and then...

" you gonna get up, orbe ? "

" ugh. might as well. i need something to eat. " i tell her.

" me too. " she says. " where's the food ? "

" i thought you knew where it was at... " i say. " or would you like something else to eat ? " i smirked at her. ( chill. we do this a lot. we tease each other and don't do anything. ) she looks at me sternly. 

" wrong time, zak. " she says. 

" sorry, parrish. had to take the opportunity. " 

" mm-hmm. okay. " she laughs. we get to the kitchen where everyone's at.

" i swear, if this shit doesn't get exciting in a few hours. i'm dippin'. i have leftovers at my house. and like i said, you guys can come over. it's more exciting at my house to be honest. " lani says.

" okay. " we all say. 

" watch, i bet you that we're all gonna end up going back to lani's in a few hours. " kalani says.

" you probably right. " amber and devin say in agreement.

" ehh. but if you see me on my phone, that's the cue for when we can go to lani's. deal ? " michael says.

" deal. " we all tell him.

two hours later.

" MICHAEL'S ON HIS PHOOOOONE !!! LANI, GET THE CAR READY !! " amber yelled.

and she was right. michael was on his phone, but i guess none of us ever noticed because we were on our own phones as well.

" FINALLY. " lani yells back. " I GOTCHU FAM. ON IT. "

everyone packs up their stuff and heads to the garage. we put our stuff in the trunk and pack up the seats. i sit next to kehlani in the passenger seat for the aux cord. we have this thing where we're assigned a day for the aux cord to play the music we want to. and today was my day.

" this car finna be lit in here. " i say. 

" play some of that bino, orbe. " kehlani tells me.

" nigga, i got you. "

she starts the car. i put on " telegraph ave./ oakland " and turned my head to watch the scenery as we pulled out of the garage and closed it. the sun was setting. every time i play this song, i feel like i'm in a movie. me and lani sing along.

" i was making japanese and she's watching dvd's in oakland, in oakland... " i sang.

" and now i'm drivin' up the five, and she waits till i arrive in oakland, in oakland.. " lani sang. and we just went back and forth..

" everything, that i needed, only gotta drive for the moment, if you tell me turn around then i'm on it, for the moment, but you know me.. "

" you know how i get when i'm lonely, i think about you in the moment, but everything you do is so oakland, so oakland.. "

" foot on the gas, i'm just tryna pass, all the red lights, and the stop signs, i'm ready to go, before i get to the bay, babe, that's a problem, cause i'm way too scared to call, and you might get me to stay a while, ohhhh.. " we sang together, then said " AYEEEEE. "

we love childish gambino, if you couldn't tell.

" oh, lani. i finished the third song on the album. " i tell her.

" really ? is it any good ? " she asks.

" nah. " i say back.

" so i'm guessing you're not  gonna let your dad hear it ? "

" i'm not letting anyone hear it. not until it's finished. " 

" this is like, the fifth time you've done this, zak. "

" done what ? "

" you make a great song, beat yourself up because of one mistake, and never touch it again. " and then she went back to singing.

" i took off my 9-to-5, but you still don't have the time to kiss me, just hit me. "

she had a point there. i didn't realize it.

" and if i left you all alone, would you still pick up the phone ? it's iffy, you miss me. "

do i really do that ?

" i got furniture to move, and we'll both be 30 soon, in oakland, in oakland.. "

i never notice half of the things i do, do i ?

" the only one i know is you, so the fuck i'm s'posed to do in oakland, in oakland.. "

" i don't do that. " i lie.

" you're an idiot. we'll talk about this later. " she says. 

" we're here, guys ! get your things and make yourselves feel at home. door's open. "

A/N:

that gambino song is literally my shit. play it with the part in the car and see how it goes together lmao. but yoooooo. you guys likin' it so far ? lmk in the comments ! thanks !