Chapter 15

Dawn's P.O.V

All of my belongings were packed into the boxes and the movers were loading them into the truck. My car had been taken to the house and I was to leave for the airport tomorrow morning at six.

I was seriously leaving. I was going to reunite myself with my friend. James, I didn't really care for anymore. I wanted to be friends with him. He had probably found someone else in the time period that I was gone anyways. 

I walked downstairs and looked at Linda and Derrick. "Don't forget to drive me to the airport. We're leaving at six in the morning. Sharp. My flight's at 9:30. I need to be there approximately three hours early in order to get everything situated."

Linda looked at me. "Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

I scoffed. "If I wasn't sure, would I have purchased a fully furnished house? Would I have hired a moving company to take my belongings? Would I have packed my belongings in the first place? Would I have gotten my car taken to my house? Would I have purchased tickets to California? Would I have spent all this money if I wasn't serious?"

She looked down in sorrow. "Alright then."

I turned around to see Jeremy behind me, his eyes red and puffy from crying. I glared at him with nothing but hatred in my eyes.

"I hope you're happy, Jeremy. This is what you want, right? For me to be going away? I assume that it is. You can finally return to the whore-house and have all the sluts that you want. I apparently wasn't enough to make you happy," I spat.

His eyes lit up. "You're talking to me."

"Yeah, so?" I sneered.

He shook his head. "Dawn, I've been trying to tell you that Kate was the one who kissed me first. I was drunk. I was imagining your head on hers. I honestly thought that it was you."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you honestly expect me to believe that? It's all a load of bull shit Jeremy."

"Dawn," he murmured.

"Don't you 'Dawn' me!" I yelled. "You've had your chance. You blew it."

His parents were silent behind me as they listened to us fight. I stormed back up to my room and made sure that my carry on bags had everything in them.

"Laptop, travel toiletries, a spare change of clothes, money, iPod, earphones, cell phone, credit card, tickets, passport, alright. I have everything," I thought as I looked through the bag.

I smiled as I thought of the fact that I would have a new beginning to my life. I was going to start on a fresh slate.