IV. A New Life.

21 Years Later.

The cold, bitter wind blew through the air. The clouds filled with gloomy, hazy feeling bringing a wet atmosphere. The waves were rough, and swiftly sending the boat back and forth in the water. While waiting for the cage to be carried from the water, Clark sat quietly, analyzing the area around him. He went under another name, not wanting to arouse any trouble for his mom. Living out in the artic has its perks, for guy who doesn't have much – it gets pretty cold during the night. Silently, he walked toward the middle of the deck, to pick up a white mop-like figure. Just as he crouched to pick it up, a man pushed him out of the way.

"Watch it! Keep your eyes open or else you're going to get squashed!" The man cried.

Clark kept quiet, thankful for the save. He nodded slowly, letting the man know he was listening.

As the man helped him up, he gave him a stern look, "Where did they find you, Greenhorn?"

Sure, Clark's appearance wasn't too appealing. He haven't shaved in a while, and allowed a brown scruffy beard cover the bottom portion of his face – not mention his silent blue eyes that caught every move around the boat.

"Gentlemen, secure the deck. We just got a distress call from a rig due west of us. Secure the deck."

All of men walked into the office, waiting for further orders. Clark wanted to analyze the situation as he tried to look at the radar for the ship. Across from them was burning ship; dark fumes flowing from every corner of the ship. Thinking quick, Clark sped to the ship, without letting the rest of men know.

"Greenhorn, hand me my binoculars."

Silence.

"Greenhorn." He called as he looked back to see Greenhorn missing. Little did he know, Greenhorn was over by the ship, taking matters into his own hands.

Clark held onto the parts of the burning ship. He tossed the burning parts, in hopes to save the ship and the people on board. Busting through the door, infused with flames around his chest, Clark shocked the men around him.

"Follow me."

The men followed him, up the ladder and onto the platform of the ship. There was nothing they can do to save the burning ship. All Clark cared about was bringing the men to safety. A helicopter flew down, ready to pick up the men. Clark rushed the men, helping them one by one onto the helicopter.

A crank-like noise rang above them, while the helicopter was getting ready to launch. A part of the burning ship was about to fall onto the helicopter. In order to insure the safety of the men, he launched himself toward the part and with all his strength, lifted the ship part.

"Hey! Let's go! What are you doing?" A man on the helicopter yelled.

Clark ignored their cries as he pushed all his strength to carry the part off the flying helicopter. He pushed himself to his own personal limit, before collapsing into the ship. The helicopter was able to flee from the ship, but they were unable to save their rescuer. And at that moment, Clark felt the cold water cover him, sending him deep into the depths of the ocean, unconscious.

**

It was another, cold gloomy day in Kansas, as the two drove to a repair shop. Jonathan kept quiet, allowing Clark to consume himself into his book.

"Clark? Anything new at school today?" His dad asked.

"No. Not, really." Clark shrugged, positioning himself away from his father's view.