VII. Hallucinations.

Elaine found herself lying in the middle of the cold Artic. Her last memory was her rescuer, a man not from this world, healing her wound. The thought of her wound made Elaine scramble to her side, only to see her wound had healed. The man used his own eyes, his own eyes! His kind, sincere blue eyes turned into the brightest color of red she's ever seen. The pain of the wound caused Elaine to pass out, leaving her with the firm feeling of comfort from her rescuer. She wiggled her fingers as the cold breeze blew through them.

The sense of comfort her rescuer sent to her, Elaine couldn't brush off. Surprisingly, he looked like her waiter and her childhood rescuer. Possibly, he could be the one who saved her. The one her mother warned her about. They were both out of this world, with his super-strength then laser eyes? They could be connected in a way.

"Miss Fisher!" Colonel Hardy cried.

Behind him was a worried Axel breathing a long side of relief that was easily visible due to the cold temperatures.

"Miss Fisher, this is why you do not sneak off at night." Colonel Hardy snapped angrily.

"I'm sorry, I just, had to investigate more about for the article." Elaine said hazily.

Colonel Hardy nodded as he motioned some men to help Elaine from the ice. Her body felt numb and her only movable part was her left fingers. They returned her to the room she was assigned to with Axel, and left the two alone.

"What the, Elaine? What was that? I was left in here, in the cold by myself! Jeez, I was worried about you." Axel blurted.

"Look, you're the one who had to pee! I didn't want to be in the room. And, thank you for your concern, I'm alive and okay." Elaine snapped, "I have something for the article but if you're so mad at me, I rather not tell you."

"Whoa, what? That's not your decision to make, Elaine! What did you see anyway? A bunch of snow?" Axel scoffed as he paced around the small room.

"There was a man I followed. He was completely unprepared for the conditions. Axel, he had on a normal t-shirt and jeans! Then-then... he healed me! Some weird object with tentacles hit me and he healed me! With his red, laser eyes!" Elaine cried all at once, as all the memories from the experience flooded into her head.

Axel cocked his eyebrow, and gave her a skeptical look about her story, "So this is the story you want me to write? The story that gets us into a huge job at The Daily Planet."

Not knowing what else to say, Elaine nodded silently. Returning her nod, Axel burst into laughter. He laughed uncontrollably as his tan face turned into a bright color of red. Elaine sent him a serious look, making Axel come to a stop.

"Wait, you're serious?" He questioned.

"I'm dead serious. Axel, this article will be a hit! Perry has to publish this! If people found out that we aren't the people out there, who knows what will happen?"

"I'm not following. You want me to write an article about an alien?" Axel stressed each word in his sentence.

Elaine nodded slowly, "It may seem crazy but I think we have a shot with this."

Reluctantly, Axel gave in to Elaine's article idea. He slowly took out his notebook and with great hesitation, became willing to listen to Elaine's story. Elaine started from the beginning when she found an undressed man entering into a cave.

"I grew suspicious on why this man was not wearing the proper clothing needed for the weather. I followed this man, finding myself deep inside of the spacecraft that had been stuck in the Artic." Elaine recited, trying her best to recall the visuals and the memory of the experience.