Chapter Twelve: A Day with Him

I UPLOADED TODAY. YES.

PRAISE ME BECAUSE I WAS GENEROUS.

But ha, seriously, here it is. I am aiming for a bit fluffy here, a few bits of consoling and comforting but mostly fluff and sweetness. I'm not good at it but....

I'm going to try for you ;)

Hehe, okay, here it is!

+

Chapter Twelve: A Day with Him

The next day, I went up to the Great Hall gloomily for breakfast. I passed the Gryffindor table, and sat next to Severus in the Slytherin table.

"Hi Sev," I said, taking a bite of some toast I took.

"Hello Green," he replied, curiously gazing at me. I just ignored his looks and went on with my breakfast.

Once, I glanced at the Gryffindor table and found everyone there; Lily, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, The Marauders - wait, where's Black?

I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed heavily. I went to get some eggs and ate them. It was Sunday, and since it's a Sunday, we're all free men today. I ate my food in silence until I found Lily retreating the Hall after Potter asked her out again.

I excused myself and went to her. "Hey Lily," I called.

She turned her head and smiled at me warmly. "Hello, Green, we were worried about your disappearance yesterday," she said, and noticed my small change in attitude. "What's wrong?"

"You know me too well," I joked. She didn't somehow appreciate it so I sighed. "Where's Black?"

"Last I found, he was sulking in the boy's dormitories," she answered worriedly.

"Oh," I said, and a pang of guilt hit me like a wave. 

"Green, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I -" Lily glared at me. I slumped my shoulders and sighed. "Okay, I give up, but let's talk somewhere private."

Lily dragged me out somewhere I didn't even know was there and asked me to go on. 

"Okay, so yesterday, when we disappeared - Black and I - he told me a ... secret," I slowly said, looking at Lily. She just nodded her head understandingly.

"I didn't know what, but he kissed me," I said and Lily gasped. "He told me he liked me, but I told him he didn't and - ugh! I think it's my fault he's a bit down."

I took a deep breath.

Lily put a hand in my shoulder. "Green, it's not your fault. He and Potter may be a bit - wait, really annoying, but they have feelings too. But it's just that, this is the first time in my whole existence to see Black that slumped about a girl."

"I never knew I'd live that long to find him actually get dumped or like a girl so much," she added jokingly. I gave her a sad smile and looked down.

"Tell you what?" she took her hand off my shoulder. "How about you hang out with someone else today? Refresh your mind?"

"Who?" I asked.

"The first person you see besides me," she winked. I chuckled and we walked back to the crowded halls, and the first person I found was Remus. Instantly, I felt my tummy tingle as I stared at him. Lily must've noticed, since she pushed me a bit forward.