Chapter Twenty-Five: The End

+

 Chapter Twenty-Five: The End

I cried so much that I hadn't realized that I was being brought to the Hospital Wing. I lay down on the bed, Madam Pomfrey tending to my ankle. I was numb, that I didn't feel anythig at all when I should've felt a sharp pain on my foot.

The Golden Trio, Neville, Luna and Dumbledore were beside me, just watching. 

My tears have long dried out, and  I was numb and motionless. I felt like I got hit by the petrifying curse.

Dumbledore opened his mouth, but I beat him to it. "I'm not going back, am I?"

He took a moment before shaking his head sadly. "I'm afraid that the hourglass only gave you one chance." I closed my eyes, already expecting his terrible news.

"Stupid ankle," I muttered darkly, humorless. I sighed deeply after a moment of pain. "So, this is my fate. That's why I wasn't in the Order, or present anywhere, for that matter."

I turned my head to Harry, and it only pained me even more. He looked just like James, and his eyes looked just like Lily's. I fought back the tears threatening to commence.

"Children, would you please?" Dumbledore told the Gryffindors, leading them away. 

"Dumbledore?" I called. He turned around.

"Yes, dear?"

"Thanks for bringing them back," I said, smiling up at him weakly. "And, please give Draco Malfoy a good arse-whooping."

Dumbledore didn't hesitate. His eyes twinkled, sadness and worry written in them. "Will do, Ms. Oakenhelm."

+

After my ankle healed, I walked towards the Gryffindor common room. I was not in the mood to face Malfoy and his goons right now. 

If I did, I would probably have killed them. 

The Fat Lady must've known about my bad luck, since she didn't even ask why a Slytherin was standing on her doorstep. I waited for anybody to pass by, and was lucky to find Hermione just walking up the stairs with books on her chest.

"Hermione," I stood up, and went over to fling myself to her in a hug. She let go of her books, hugging me back. We let go. "Sorry 'bout your books." I bent to pick it up. "I just wanted to ask maybe  I can stay at your common room to sleep? I - "

"Don't stress yourself," she smiled kindly. "It's fine."

"It's only until the end of the year, which is just a few days," I promised despite her protests of it being okay, as we walked inside the common room.  

The gang was there, and I was thankful for their warm greetings. Hell, even the Gryffindors accepted me as a lost cub of their own.

For the rest of the year, I slept on the couch. I didn't want to intervene in anyone else's business.

+

Year 7, Battle of Hogwarts

"Stupefy!" I yelled intensely, the light from the tip of my wand hitting a Death Eater. "Take that, you stupid, evil - "

"Focus, Green!" Neville said, his back on mine. 

"Like hell I am," I smirked, turning towards another opponent and disarming him. "Expeliarmus! Impedimenta!" I lifted him up, my hands elegantly bending, then yelled, "Stupefy!"

"Quit playing," Neville muttered worriedly. 

"Calm down," I said. My lips formed into a deep frown, showing that I'm not in the mood for games.  "I'm not." I mean business, and that's getting rid of as much Death Eaters as I can.

"Where's Remus?" I whipped my head faster than light, and found Tonks worriedly asking Aberforth. I felt a pang of hurt on my chest, but still, I was respectful of Tonks and Remus' relationship. 

She ran off somewhere, and I went to follow her. 

I stopped on my tracks behind a pillar when I found Tonks kneeling beside a cold, dead Remus. 

"No," my hand flew to my mouth, tears starting to spill down my cheeks. Not Remus.

He still had a peaceful look on his face, and it distracted me until I heard Bellatrix LeStrange strutting inside. Tonks, oblivious, had no protection. I didn't think a single thought before deciding on my next course of action.

I jumped out, painting myself a big red X for Lestrange to hit. No way is Teddy gonna grow up parent-less. 

"Expulso!" I shouted, and an explosion rang to buy us some time. "Tonks, come on," I grabbed her arm quite forcefully, while she hesitantly let Remus go. I watched his face, caught in the moment. 

"Goodbye," I whispered. Tonks and I ran, but Lestrange was powerful enough to survive the explosion. 

I heard her words yelling maliciously. "Avada Kedavra!"

I ran just in time to block Tonks, a sudden sharp pain consuming my body and eating me alive.

"Green? Green!" Tonks called, but my vision was blurring, and my head was spinning, and my body was burning.

I closed my eyes and let the fire consume me. 

+

 I felt myself wake up, my whole body being enveloped by warmness. I let myself enjoy the moment of peace, for a few moments forgetting about everything that has happened. 

I opened my eyes, my lips already smiling, to find bright blue eyes staring back at me, a cushion of whiteness behind him. I knew it all too well.

"Remus."

~The End~

A/N:

It's been one hell of a ride, folks! But everything has an end, and so does this book. Thank you for keeping up with my horrible schedule. Thank you for your support and love! You were all amazing. 

I will be editing the whole book, so watch out for added/deleted scenes. 

Everything Ends from A Very Potter Senior Year on the Multimedia Box because feelings.

Thank you, everyone!  It's been a great ride. This is my very first COMPLETE story and I feel so proud of myself. Through the whole - what, two? - years together, I've finally finished. You have made me into the writer I am today. :) I'M SENDING YOU VIRTUAL HUGS RIGHT NOW.

I'll be back, I promise. :) Once again, thank you and I await for another amazing journey with you all.

No need to say our farewells, my friends. It isn't goodbye after all.

Definitely not for the last time,

Hannah x

[Edited: April 1, 2015] [And I would like to add HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRED AND GEORGE]