Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 *Nicole’s point of view: “I still can’t believe everyone managed to keep there mouths shut about this.” I say walking down the stairs still glued to Scotty’s hip. “So I take it you like your surprise?” Mrs. McCreery says with a laugh. “I think all of North Carolina heard her scream.” Ashley says rubbing her ears. “I sure did!” I say stealing a kiss from Scotty. “So Libby how did you manage to keep quiet about this.” I say as everyone laughs. “I just did and now Scotty owes me 3 gallons of Bojangles sweet tea.” Libby says with a grin. “You bribed my roommate Mr. McCreery?” I say giving Scotty a look. “Hey it kept her mouth shut.” Scotty says with his arms up surrendering.

 “Aaaachoo!” Scotty sneezes. “Bless you, you feeling ok?” “You look a little pale.” I say “Ya just some allergies.” Scotty says. “Well we both have had a long day so let me drive you home.” I say leading Scotty to my car.

 (At the apartment)

 “Scotty look at me real quick.” I say. “Nic’s don’t worry I’m fine.” He says as I put my hand on his forehead. “You have convenient timing.” I say “why is that?” Scotty says. “Well for a start, you have a fever and somehow you managed to wait on getting sick till you were done recording and home, now on the couch mister!” I say shooing him to the couch as I go and get a thermometer. “When is your next show?” I ask looking at the thermometer. “Next Saturday.” Scotty says. “Good plenty of time to rest up, you have a 101.3 fever.” I say.

 *Scotty’s point of view:  “So since my boyfriend’s sick I guess that means all be taking care of you then.” Nicole says. “Hey I can live with that.” I say leaning in for a kiss. “Nuh-Uh mister! No more kisses, I can’t get sick too.” Nicole says kissing my forehead as I lay on the couch pulling her down with me. “Do you have any idea how much I love you?” I say as Nicole curls up and lays her head on my chest. “Not as much as I love you, now I know what will help you feel better!” Nicole says turning on a Duck Dynasty marathon. “Your right about that.” I say wrapping Nicole in my arms. A little while later I feel myself falling asleep with Nicole still wrapped in my arms.

 (Next Day)

 *Nicole’s point of view: I wake up at my place with Zelda sleeping on my pillow. It’s only 8:30am. Msg to Scotty: Hey bub how are you feeling? Msg from Scotty: Cruddy and I think I got will and Colin sick too. Msg to Scotty: ok I’m going to go to the store then I’m coming over. I get to the store and decide to buy some chicken noodle soup for the guys, Gatorade for Will and Colin and hot tea with honey and lemon for Scotty’s voice. After I check out I decide to run home and grab Zelda. “Come on Zelda were going for a ride.” I say getting back into my car with her right behind me.

 (At the apartment)

I use the spare key that I have seen Scotty hide not so discreetly in the planter. “Go get Scotty!” I whisper to Zelda when I open the door. I watch her run over and jump on a sleeping Scotty’s chest and lick his face, “What the...” Scotty says looking around for me while I duck behind the couch. I then sneak around in front of him unseen. “Hey you.” I say as I watch Scotty jump like a foot in the air. “Why scare a poor innocent sick me.” Scotty says giving me a look that would make me take off running if he wasn’t sick on the couch. “Because it’s fun.” I say with a laugh as I head into the kitchen.

 I go back to the living room with 3 bowls of soup and some tea and Gatorades. “I forgot how big of babies guys become when their sick.” I say with a laugh while setting everything down in front of everyone. “Hey we do not!” They all say as I sit next to Scotty and open twitter. Twitter: @NicoleElizabeth94 taking care of 3 guys who have the flu. Guys are quite whinny when their sick. I tweet.

 Msg from Judy: Oh lord, Scotty has the flu? Msg to Judy: Yup! And he gave it to Will and Colin, just gave everyone soup and Will and Colin got some Gatorade while I made Scotty drink hot tea with lemon and honey for his voice. That guy doesn’t like any tea that isn’t cold and or drenched in sugar. Msg from Judy: sounds like Scotty! Just let me know if you need any help. Msg to Judy: I think I’ve got it under control but if there’s any puking then ill let you take over the nursing duties.

 Msg from Judy: Gee thanks Hun… I just laugh while lying on the couch and wrapping my arms around Scotty. “Why make this so hard for me?” Scotty asks. “What, do you not want me to lay with you?” I say starting to get up.  “No, no not that.” Scotty says pulling me back into his arms. “You make it so hard for me not to lean down and kiss you right now.” Scotty says as his face turns a little red. “Ok fine, one kiss but you better be careful.” I say as Scotty ignores me and meets his lips with mine. As soon as our lips touch I hear Scotty.

 “Oomph” Scotty says pulling back immediately. “Hey I warned you!” “I have protective dog.” I say as I look at Zelda who is again sitting on Scotty’s chest. “Here.” I say leaning forward till our lips are about to touch but I pull back. “Kisses Zelda kisses.” I say as she starts to lick Scotty’s face. “You’re such a tease.” Scotty says as we both start to laugh. “I love you.” I say kissing his forehead while Zelda stairs at me. “Now it’s getting late and you need your rest, and ill be back tomorrow.” I say getting up and grabbing my meatloaf of a dog off Scotty’s chest. “I love you.” Scotty’s says as I open the door. “I love you too.” I say before closing the door and heading to my car.