Chapter 8

Chapter 8

 Scotty's point of view: When I woke up it was only 9am. As I lay in bed thinking about what I’m going to do, I decided to open my twitter app. @ScottyMcCreery Welp...what to do today! I tweet. I decide to go through my mentions and reply to some tweets. Just then my phone rings. Why is Libby calling this early? I think as I answer. "Hey Libbs, what’s up?" I say "Hey I have question" "Did Nicole seem upset when she was with you last night?" Libby asks "Ya she did but she wouldn’t tell me why so I didn’t question it." "Is she ok?" I ask worried.

 "Did y'all have a fight?" Libby asks. "No we didn’t, Libby what’s going on?" I ask. "She won't get out of bed and refuses to talk to me she just told me not to worry about it." "Something’s really bothering her and I see how she looks at you, you seems to be the only person she fully trusts." "Could you possibly come over here?" Libby asks.

"I’m on my way." I say then hang-up and run downstairs. "Whoa, whoa, hey were you running off to this early little Bro?" Ashley asks me. "Something’s up with Nicole, Libby says she has been really upset and crying alot so she wants me to come over." I say. "Ok I’m coming with you, I can’t stand hearing people upset." she says as we head out the door.

We stopped and picked up some Bo's for everyone on the way over. "So you must really like her for running out of the house this early." "I’ve never seen you out of bed this early on your off days unless it's for church." Ash says. "To be honest, I really like her but I’m afraid to say anything because I don’t want to scare her off." I say as we pull up to their house. When we get in the house I go sit on the couch with Libby while Ashley goes upstairs.

 Nicole's point of view: I hear a knock on my door, "come in." I say knowing I can’t avoid people forever. "Hey Hun, you have everyone worried, are you ok?" I hear Ashley's voice say. I roll over meeting her eyes. "I will be, I just needed time by myself to think, I got hit with hard news." I say. Well you want to talk about it?" Ashley says sitting on my bed. "I guess but I’m about to bring you into crazy family drama." I say "Mostly, I’ve just been really homesick but then after the movie yesterday I had a voice mail from my mom, it was just the usual, her complaining about my dad."

 "I had asked her a while back If she wanted a divorce and she said yes but she said she wouldn’t because we didn’t have the money and still don’t." "But then she hit me with the news that my brother who is a little over a year older then Scotty got arrested for possession." "He's one of the reasons I wanted to move so badly, I couldn’t handle the constant drama between my family, the yelling the fights, the late night screaming matches." "So when I left I thought I had left all that behind me but somehow it always seems to follow." I say

 "Oh honey I'm so sorry!" Ashley says hugging me. "but I really feel that you should be open with Libby and Scotty when things like this happen." she says "and besides a worried Scotty can be an annoying Scotty." she says with a laugh as I laugh too. "I'm going to go fill in Libby and Scotty before you carpet wears down from their pacing." she says with a laugh. "Ok but can you send Scotty up after?" I ask. She just nods and heads downstairs.

A few minutes later I hear my door open and I see Scotty walk in. "Hey I Nic's I heard what’s going on, I’m really sorry" he says sitting next to me. "But why didn't you tell me?" He asks as a few more tears fall down my face. "Hey, hey, shhh its ok." He says hugging me. "I wanted to tell you but you were having so much fun with your friends, I didn’t want to be a downer." I say

 "Nicole look at me he says lifting my chin, you with never be a downer." "But if something’s bothering you don’t hesitate to tell anyone, were all here for you." he says kissing my forehead. "Let's go downstairs, Ashley and I brought Bo's" He says. "Ok let’s go!" I say all but dragging him off the bed. After we eat we all decide to watch a movie. "Lets watch despicable me!" Ashley says all but jumping up and down.

 After the movie ends Ashley and Scotty start to head out. "Hey Nicole I was wondering if tomorrow you could come over and maybe help me with my math." Scotty says. "Maybe if you didn’t fall asleep in class so much you wouldn’t need my help." I say as everyone laughs. "Yes I will come over, what time?" I say. "How about 9am?" He says

"Ok sounds good I say as I hug all them!”I seriously have the most awesome people in my life I’m so blessed." I say as they leave. "So" Libby says. "You really like him don’t you?" She says. "Ya I do, wish I knew if he felt the same." I say as I head up stairs to bed. "I wouldn’t be surprised." Libby says heading into her room.