Chapter 14

Chapter 14  

  Scotty's point of view: It's 1am and I randomly woke up. "I better check on Nicole." I say going down the hall to the guest bedroom where she is staying. I walk in her room and see she is awake. "Hey what are you doing up?" I ask Nicole. I just woke up and I couldn't find my pain pills because my throat is killing me." Nicole says hugging me. "Why didn't you wake me?" "I told you if you needed anything you could wake me up." I say leaving to get her pain medicine.

 "Scotty?" Nicole says after taking her pill.  "I couldn't have ask for a better boy friend or nurse, I love you." Nicole says giving me a kiss. "Get some sleep babe, it's important." I say kissing her forehead as she curls up against my chest. "Dagum how did I get so lucky?" I say as I fall asleep.

 Nicole's point of view: Suddenly I'm jolted awake and out of a seemingly real dream. "Just a dream just a dream." I whisper as tears start to poor down my face. Suddenly I feel Scotty's arms around me pulling me down against his chest. "It was only a dream." Scotty says into my hair. "I'm here." He says. "I know, just don't plan on leaving me anytime soon because I won't let you." I say snuggling closer to him. "I won't I promise." Scotty says as I fall back asleep.

 When I wake again its 10am and I notice Scotty is know were to be found so I grab my phone and see I have a text. Msg from Scotty: Momma made me go to school today:( But Ash is there, Love you, see you after class. It's been 6 days since my surgery I. I feel better than I did the other day I think as I walk into the kitchen and take a pain pill after I eat something.

 "Hey how are you feeling Hun?" I hear Ashley say. "I'm not in a much pain as the other day so I guess better." I say as I go lay on the couch. "How is Scotty dealing with everything that has happened with me?" I ask Ashley. "He has been doing alright, it kills him to see you in pain, and he keeps saying he wishes he could take the pain away but we keep telling him it takes time." Ashley says. I feel my pain pill starting to kick in as Ash and I have been talking for the last hour.  "I'm going to take a nap; I feel my medicine starting to kick in." I say heading back to my room.

 Scotty's point of view: Why did my manager choose now to send me to Nashville I think. "Hey bud what's wrong you look worried and sad." Ashley says. "My manager decided I need to fly to Nashville for two weeks, I leave tomorrow." I tell her. "Have you told Nicole?" Ash asks. "I'm afraid too; she has been through so much." I say walking into Nicole's room.

 "Hey Nic's I need to talk to you." I say going and sitting on her bed. "What’s wrong?" she says looking from me to Ashley then back to me. "My manager said I need to get some work done in Nashville, he booked my flight for tomorrow." I say. "Out of all times, he chooses now?" Nicole says. "For how long?" Nicole says closing her eyes. "Two weeks." I whisper knowing she will be upset.

 She didn't say anything instead she just hugs me.  "I understand, music is your life, passion and career, whatever you have to do, do, I’ll be here ready to support you through anything." she says looking into my eyes. "Now it's my turn to say I have the best girl friend." I say giving Nicole a kiss. "Y'all quit it!" "You're too cute