"You're such a coward," Dezerea rolls her eyes. William glares at the faery. 

"Quit!" Jace snaps. 

"Besides, Avery will be back soon," Dezerea adds, smirking at William as she strolls out of the room. 

"You know, sometimes I really hate her," William murmurs. 

Everyone walks out of Avery's room and goes a different way. 

"What about Avery...?" 

"Don't worry," Andrea pats me on the back. "He'll be back and fine, okay? He probably just needs to cool off."

I stand in his room for awhile. Watching everyone leave. 

A loud bang echoes throughout the castle. I run over the edge of the stairs. Avery wipes his hair of dust from running into a box of old pictures. 

"Avery!" I call, running down the stairs. 

He looks up at me but runs past me at an impossibly fast speed. I sigh, running back up the stairs after him towards Williams room. 

A door slams open and I push to move my legs faster. I put a hand up to my head and look around. What room is Williams? 

I keep going up, looking for open doors and I spot one. One with the door ripped off of its hinges. 

I run into the room to see Avery's hand squeezing Williams neck. He raises his fist and brings it back. 

"Stop!" I yell, getting between Avery and William. "Avery, I know your upset but it really wasn't his fault." 

I slowly peel his hands off of William and hug him tightly around his waist. "It's probably my fault if anything. He warned me to leave but I was too stubborn to." 

I bury my face in his chest. He wraps his arms around me and sighs. 

He grabs my shoulders and looks at me. "I don't blame you, so don't beat yourself up." he looks up at William. "I won't do anything to you so stop cowering in the corner. But next time, I won't hold back." 

We walk out of the room and down the stairs. 

Everyone sits down at the table for lunch. Jace and Andrea at the ends of the table. Avery next to me, Dezerea across from William and William next to Desdemona. 

I look around at everyone, staring down at their food as their forks clack on the plates. No one has anything to say? Everyone was just freaking out because Avery was gone and now they have nothing to say to him? To me even?

I throw my fork down on my plate. "Are we really going to be like this? Where all we can hear at the table is our forks?" They all look at me confused. "This is hopeless," I stand up and shake my head, walking away. 

A chair scoots out but I walk into Alexandrea's room. 

"Elise wait!" Avery follows me. 

"No!" I sit on my bed and put my face in my hands. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Everything is wrong. Although you're back everything is awkward between all of us, I'm away from my family again and I'll probably not be able to leave the house without someone with me, I'm behind in school and I'm failing three of my classes." 

He hugs me tightly. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault that you have all of these problems." 

I don't say anything. 

"It is all your fault," Dezerea nods as everyone watches us from the door. 

"Do you mind?" 

"What?" Andrea questions.