Stellar

Emily Jane checked her reflection in the mirror. She wore a black and white print crepe chiffon tank top with a loop front and racer back. Two double skinny straps in hot pink gave her blouse a rockstar edge. She paired it with stark white skinny jeans and black stiletto booties. She parted her hair in the middle and flat ironed it stick straight. She lined her upper and lower lashes in thick black eyeliner and wore fire engine red lipstick. She was heading to the studio to audition. That's right. She was auditioning for 'What Happens Next'.

She didn't know how she came up to that decision either. It was their first fight as a couple, and it was a major one at that. One moment, they were fighting, she at Aiden for being controlling, citing that if she just did as he told her, she'd be setting back women's rights 100 years; he was angry at her because he was jealous of Blake and that she couldn't see that the guy was into her and didn't do anything to sway that guy away. Then the next moment, they were in his bedroom, angry words making way for angry kisses, having the best they've ever had.

She cried afterwards, her tears falling onto his chest from where she was positioned. He planted kisses on the top of her head, rubbing his hands up and down her back. They said their sorries at the same time, Aiden pulling Emily Jane up so he can kiss her properly on the lips, the second time starkly different from the first, full of love and tenderness.

It was then that she decided she hated fighting with Aiden. It was the worst feeling in the world. She didn't want him to ever feel insecure in her love for him. He was the only man who ignited a fire within her, and why would she look elsewhere when she already had him, she explained to him. Aiden also apologized to her, apologized for acting like a jerk, ranting and raving without hearing her side first. He embraced her and whispered I love you into her ear, getting over their fight relatively unscathed.

She was led into the room where she was to audition. She was shocked when she saw that Aiden was sitting at the table along with the director, the casting director, and one of the executive producers. Aiden's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. She told him she was told to look fierce, and she wasn't wearing anything overtly sexy, but she was stunning! He wanted to climb over the table and kiss her senseless, but he kept himself in check.

"Hello, I'm Emily Jane Miller, here to audition for the role of Kara," she said politely as she handed each of them a head shot.

"Hi, Emily Jane. We're a little pressed for time, so we're gonna have you read with Aiden right away," Jim, the director, said to her.

"Sure."

Aiden stood up and handed her a copy of the script, which she scanned and studied for a quick second. They stared into each other's eyes and waited for Jim to signal them to begin.

"Luke," Emily Jane began reading as Kara. "What happened to you? Everyone's been looking for you! Don't tell me no one in this podunk town recognized you."

"They did, but it was my choice not to leave," Aiden read as Luke. "I can't remember anything. I'd rather stay here where I'm comforted, where I am treated like family, like I belong."

"But, Luke, this is a fantasyland. You don't belong here."

"How can you say that? How do you know?" Aiden looked into Emily Jane's eyes, him in character, eyes full of sorrow.

"Because I know you."

"Why? I don't even know you. Who are you?"

"I'm Kara. I've known you since we were 12 years old. We went to the same middle school, same high school. We had the same dreams, the same goals. We were the best of friends. Don't you remember me at all? Can't you remember me here?" she placed a palm on his heart, which Aiden instinctively covered with his. A lone tear slipped down her cheek.