Merged

Emily Jane was just quietly typing away on her computer at work when she heard the radio blast on the intercom. She looked up quizzically from her screen. She pushed her chair back and walked out of her office.

"Lila?" Emily Jane yelled out.

"Ems?" Lila yelled back.

"What's going on?"

"I heard Blake was being interviewed live after the break and your song wll premiere after that."

"What?!"

"Yeah! Em J, you are gonna be on the radio."

"Okay, thanks for the heads up!"

Emily Jane rushed back to her office and picked up her cell phone that was on top of her desk. She pressed speed dial one and waited while the phone rang.

"Sweetie?" Aiden groggily picked up the call.

"Hi, Sweetie. Sorry, did I wake you?"

"It's alright, I should be getting up anyway."

"Sweetie, turn the radio on. Blake's being interviewed right now, but after that, they're gonna be playing the re-recorded version of his song," Emily Jane gushed to her fiancé ecstatically.

"That's great, Sweetie! What station?" Aiden turned to the station that Emily Jane told him.

Emily Jane popped her head out of her office and saw Lizzie and Amanda standing around Lila's desk.

"Li?" Emily Jane called out.

"Yeah?"

"Hold all my calls, please, or bettee yet, just send straight to my voicemail. I'll just be in my office."

"Sure thing!"

"Thanks!"

Emily Jane went back into her office and sat down on her chair. She and Aiden were both still on the line, but were both quietly listening to Blake answering questions thrown his way.

"So, Blake, why re-record?" they heard the DJ ask.

"Well, if you saw Emily Jane's performance with me on Helen, it's pretty self-explanatory. She has an extraordinarily beautiful voice, and it just matched so well with mine, I thought, why not record with her officially? I think you guys will really love this version," Blake explained.

"I did catch that video online. Incredible voice and easy on the eyes..."

"She is, she is."

"But she's engaged to Aiden Carter, right?"

"She is? You're more updated than me!" Blake joked.

"We have very snoopy interns," the DJ joked back. "Anyway, here's the new version of Blake's number one hit single, now featuring Emily Jane Miller, 'Merged'."

All of a sudden, Emily Jane heard screams coming from the lobby. Obviously her three friends listened enthusiastically as her voice sounded through the airwaves. She laughed at her friends and continued to listen with Aiden. After the song ended, Aiden still hadn't spoken.

"Sweetie?" Emily Jane asked. "Are you still there?" she checked her phone to make sure she didn't accidentally hang up.

"You are amazing, sweetie," Aiden finally breathed out. "Were you the only one awake when God poured out beauty, brains, and talent from the heavens above?" he kidded.

"Sweetie, you liked it?"

"I loved it! I still don't like that guy, but I'm over here paying 99 cents to download that single."