A Beautiful Lie- the sequel

((Jared's POV))

A beautiful lie, that's what I made myself believe since it had happened so many years ago that it began to unglue itself from reality and transform into a dream.

So a few years ago, clutching onto a bottle of vodka, I came to terms that it had never really happened. That it had all be but a dream, some beautiful untruth.

The alley is dark, I can feel the moisture cling into the air as though it wants to rain. Autumn is on its way but still there is no chill in the air, it is too damn hot for September.

The streetlights above flicker lethargically, as if they too can no longer bare this muggy heat and just want to close their eyes and dream away.

It has been many years since I had passed though this place, 3 to be exact, yet I still remember that abandoned whore house close to the bar where I had gotten tonight's bottle from.

Fuck yah...I still remember...

But I had been drunk, quite so. Plus I'd swallowed a few of those divine red pills that Scotty had given me and the whole night appeared like a dream. Or was it that my dream had become so vivid that for a moment I believed that I was really living it?

My eyes move to the door, bared up tight. Had you really kicked it down? To tell you the truth I'm thinking about doing it just so I could see inside...the reds and purples, the feather boa laying on the back of the seat...the way it almost jumped out at me and began to purr and the bed, that gorgeous bed that resembled a ship. Perhaps if I could see it once more I could realize what had really happened that night.

His beautiful, intoxicated head nodded as he placed his hand on either banister, as if to steady the ship. 'Tell me where I can take you, can I take you to the Moon? To the stars?'

I took a breath and sighed, 'Can you take me to the constellations?'

With a nod he gave me affirmation, 'hand on, we're just thirty seconds from Mars.'

Ever so slowly, he turned his head and looked at me as I rested upon him. 'Hold tight,' he whispered, 'I don't want to lose you.'

I remember the scent of your skin and your fingers...so fucking warm. Your eyes were electric and your deep voice was rich and soothing, like honey.

When I'd woken up the next morning you were gone and I believed that perhaps I had been chatting with a ghost all night. Then upon returning back to the hotel to pack all I could think of was the sound of your name.

'Valo.'

'Huh?'

'My name.'

'You're not from around here, are you?'

'From Finland. We are supposed to do a gig here tomorrow.'

'A musician?' I raised a brow and looked at him with interest. 'Solo or a band?'

'Band. We're called HIM.'

'Too bad I'm leaving, I'd love to come and watch you guys play.'

He shrugged and downed the rest of his drink before speaking, 'Perhaps in some other time, some other place.'

The flight back home to New York had been horrid, I had been sat with the girl I was going to dump the second the plane touched down, as she yammered on about how cool it was to travel with a movie star and about the plans she was making for our wedding. I just wanted to scream DREAM ON BITCH! And push her off the plane but I pretended to fall asleep and behind my lids I could see your face as I tuned out her voice.

The vodka feels warm against my tongue and it stings. Maybe next time I go wandering I'll take an ice bucket with me, too.

Midnight has the same face wherever you are, mysterious and haunting and sometimes lonely.

Maybe I should turn around and go back to my hotel room, morning comes sure enough way too early and I've got to be on the set by nine am. Logic may be good but it doesn't linger too long.

I lean against the wall and slither to the ground. It doesn't matter that it's too warm, I'll drink it anyhow, maybe it'll give me wings to fly and I can find that place where you still reside, way back in my mind. I like being there. I close my eyes and sigh.

'Hey, friend,' a voice pierces though the silence, rich like honey, my eyes snap open and blink as he steps out of the shadows, 'got a light?'