Prologue

Life is weird. Things never quite turn out the way you want them to. You can plan your whole life and it's almost guaranteed that at some point, some of those plans will go out the window and new ones will form.

Sometimes, things go so wrong that you fall down a deep, dark hole, one which you think you can never escape from, and all plans get chucked to one side, untouched for many years.

Then, an opportunity comes up and it's as if a ladder has been handed to you. Step by step, one foot after the other, you begin to see the light. It's hard work of course, and climbing out requires time and effort. But you get there eventually, and it's such a great feeling.

Along with that new start comes new plans and goals, ones more heartfelt and meaningful than the last, because you know how it feels to be in the dark and it's something you never want to experience again.

For the first 7 years of my life, I formed plans and dreams of a perfect life. I wanted a well paid job and a nice house, a cute puppy and someone special to share it all with.
I soon learnt that there was no such thing of a 'perfect life'. Some people come close, others no where near.

Then when my parents died, I fell down that dark hole. I was sitting on a little ledge of hope, waiting for someone to adopt me while I was still little and cute. After many attempts, all of which failed, the ledge I was sat on crumbled and I fell right to the bottom of the hole and found no way to escape.

The next six years were spent in the dark, all hope gone of getting my life back. That was until last year, when an opportunity came up which handed me the ladder I needed.

There were two things I'd always longed for in those six years at the care home. A family, and a place I could call home. So when both of those things were offered to me, I'd of been a fool to say no.

But the family in question wasn't just any old couple, far from it to tell you the truth. They were the one and only Zoe and Alfie, the king and queen of the YouTube world. Getting to know them was easy, it was the settling in with them that was the hard part. After all, that's the part where it always went wrong.

There were of course some obstacles in the first few months, some bigger than others. After all, being adopted by internationally known people with a combined following of more than 20 million people isn't exactly a walk in the park.

The devil of PTSD also lurked about in my mind, making things near impossible to accomplish at times. But, to my surprise, things finally worked out and my new life with Zalfie was soon in full swing.

My life took a huge turning point in a matter of months and before I knew it, I was half way up the ladder and I could view the light.

So, fast forward a year and a half and where am I now? Well, things are good. I've just celebrated my first birthday at my new home and I will soon be celebrating my first  Christmas with Zoe and Alfie as a proper family. I find comfort in writing and I have passion for photography. I've started studying for my GCSE's (still in the comfort of home) and therapy is keeping the devil in check (that doesn't mean to say he doesn't rebel every now and then). But most importantly of all, I now live in a place I can call home, with people (and a pup) I can call family.

That doesn't mean that everything is easy. Being the centre of attention is something I've never excelled at, so what happens when something crops up that shoves me head first into the limelight? Follow me on my journey to discover a new road, along with many ups and downs and a bit of Zalfie love along the way.