Mistletoe & Dark Vala

Start from the beginning

"It is winter," Sauron shrugged petulantly, determined not give in to Master's inner child...again.

"No, no, nooo," Melkor whined, in a fashion not dissimilar to those irksome elves, or at least that is what Sauron thought. "It is Yuletide, Sauron...YULETIDE...and we do not even have a festive tree all covered in nice black ribbons, and dusted in soot. How could you forget?"

"Ah, yes, it must have slipped my mind with all the usurpation you have me doing on your behalf," Sauron seethed, his eye twitching involuntarily as he crossed his arms about his chest and tossed his nose in the air; "Besides, you don't even like nature, why do you want fir trees stinking up the place and making it look untidy?"

"Because it is Yule, and I want a tree!" Melkor angrily huffed and stomped his feet in unison with his words, his Feanor pout becoming more wobbly with each passing moment. "Stop being a grumpy old fart Sauron, you are no fun anymore! Go out and hack me down some of Yavanna's best creations and bring them here so I can decorate them, then watch them rot and send them back to her in a boat as a gift...ehehehe...she always wanted me to appreciate nature more!"

Sauron suppressed a groan, and instead rubbed soothing circular motions into his left temple with his nimble, ring clad, fingers.

"Is there anything else my Master wants for his Yule celebrations?" Sauron forcibly asked through gritted teeth, almost dreading the answer.

"Honestly Sauron, you would think I was asking you to go clean out the orc pits with nought but your hands; where is your festive spirit?" Melkor cried, throwing his hands to the air in a show of exasperation towards his most favoured minion.

Sauron's nose scrunched in disgust, and Melkor felt a little deflated. There was little point in celebrating Yuletide if his second in command was in no mood to join him. Yuletide, after all, was about spending time with loved ones...and he was awfully fond of the perpetually peeved Maia.

The dark Vala was just about to go sulk some more when an idea crossed his evil mind.

Crawling onto his knees, still atop the seat of his throne, he leaned into Sauron and rested his head on his shoulder.

"Mairon?" He began, in his littlest voice, clasping his hands together he braved his angry lieutenant with his best innocent eyes; "Mairon, my bestest best servant of all time, you know how much I appreciate you, right?"

Sauron felt his jaw tighten, using his given name was entirely unfair tactics! Well, he was not going to fall for manipulation tactics this time, but just to be sure he wasn't going to chance looking into his master's eyes...just in case.

Melkor was not to be discouraged, not when it came to Sauron, he knew his little ball of mad-as-hellfire flames could not refuse his master;

"Aw come on," he pushed and tugged a strand of his servant's shimmering coppery hair, "You have to admit, I throw a great party?"

"Yes master, you do," Sauron replied, inwardly cursing himself when he inadvertently looked downwards and met his Master's dancing beady eyes...oh, they looked so hopeful and...no! No stop looking Sauron!

"See, now why would you not want to help me throw a Yuletide party?" Melkor beamed, snuggling further into Sauron's titan hair.

"Because last Yule you ended up getting me absurdly drunk, then, when I was passed out on the floor you somehow convinced all the orcs to dress me up like a court jester and then proceeded to parade me around Angband...LIKE A FOOL!" Sauron shrieked and yanked himself away from his treacherous Master who could not be trusted, especially not with Yule parties.